Newsleecher does not work anymore

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

nedw378

Newsleecher does not work anymore

Post by nedw378 »

I have been using Newsleecher for quite a few years. I have used both ver 4 final and new beta. The program is now failing constantly. I cannot use it at all. This is a real block to me updating my membership. Using PC with 32 bit win 7

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Please give more details. Do you get an error message? What does the Log page say? Does the application run but you can't connect?
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

SS396

Post by SS396 »

Newsleecher was not working yesterday and again today. What's the deal?

shalom2005

Post by shalom2005 »

Saying that NL is 'not working anymore' does not provide enough details to diagnose what is going on!

Please provide full details of any on screen messages and from the NL log window.

No one will respond to 'not working anymore' messages!
Best Regards

Steven from Chigwell, Essex

SS396

Post by SS396 »

Error:
Unable to receive a reply from the Super Search service.

Reason:
You pressed the supersearch "Stop" button
or
The supersearch service might be temporarily down for maintenance, or your
connection to the service>>>>> try again in a half hour.....ETC.

That's what I'm getting over and over. Nothings been changed on my end.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

According to the Service Status page, everything is up and running properly. I just tested it by searching both the general and adult groups; both returned results properly.

If you are still having a problem, please check the log tab for more info. Make sure that SuperSearch is initializing properly. You should see log entries of

Code: Select all

2:18:23 PM SuperSearch has successfully initialized ...
2:18:23 PM  * SuperSearch Conn. Info: Gen.IP="199.187.121.118" :: Ero.IP="199.187.121.118" :: Ports="443", "443" :: Retention="1700".

If you see those entries but it still isn't connecting, perhaps something else is blocking the requests. By chance are you using ESET for your system firewall/antivirus software? It has been reported that a recent update is blocking SuperSearch. We haven't been able to reproduce the issue and those users were only able to fix it by downgrading ESET.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.