How do I filter encrypted headers in a.b.boneless

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Slartiwoo

How do I filter encrypted headers in a.b.boneless

Post by Slartiwoo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:42 am

No doubt this has been asked before but, the majority of headers in ab.boneless are now encrypted. I'd rather NL just filter them so they are not shown at all.

Is there a filter that can be created and added to do this for a typical header shown below?

(09XNZWVPFFMDXV5D6QKN] - "09XNZWVPFFMDXV5D6QKN"

I'm looking for a catch all type filter rather than have to create a new one for each variation of header.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:12 am

Sorry but it wouldn't be possible to create a filter for these posts as they are random characters.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

DuffyMoon

Re: How do I filter encrypted headers in a.b.boneless

Post by DuffyMoon » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:46 am

It should be possible to create a filter like this:

---8<--------------------------------
% For all of the binaries category
% This is a logical 'and' filter

[*binaries*]
Score::: =-999
%Subject: [a-z,0-9]{17,}
%From: [a-z,0-9]{10,}

Subject: [\D\d*]+

% Excludes most of the punctuation
% that generates false positives.
---8<--------------------------------

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:23 pm

Sorry but NewsLeecher doesn't have a filtering recipe system like that yet.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

daleidat

Post by daleidat » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:03 pm

Ironically the encrypted file sizes are similar to the normal filename size: for example:

Normal : ABDC.S12E03.720p.HDTV.X264-JACKBLOGS FILE SIZE: 1620,131
Encrypted : ABCDEFaaaCCCAD123456aaa: Similar Size : 1628, 234.

I was getting a bit frustrated, so I thought what the hell and gave it a go , and downloaded files that were similar in size, and low and behold I was starting the get the files that I wanted.

I have an idea who they are. They used to go by another moniker but basically got bombed out out of the popular groups, and disappeared.
They were trying to get money out of posters. i.e: goto this site and for a certain amount of money they would email you the the passwords, and low and behold, they did go away, but it looks like they are back. It looks like their Christmas funds need to be topped up.

Good luck on your browsing.

Richie

Post by Richie » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:42 pm

Smudge wrote:Sorry but NewsLeecher doesn't have a filtering recipe system like that yet.
How about now Smudge? Would it be terribly difficult to build a detection feature into Newsleecher which would skip encrypted file header download? There seem to be too many people using Usenet as a cheap encrypted Cloud Storage service.