To Beta, or Not to Beta: That is the Question.

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

smedley

To Beta, or Not to Beta: That is the Question.

Post by smedley » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:11 am

There are five Newsleecher releases still in beta. I'm the type that stays with the last final version, but I'm worried that the last final version may become obsolete due to all the work that has been going on to support new features.

What version do you recommend that I use to stay current with what's being developed on the server side?

I also saw a news item that version 7 is in the works. Have any details been posted about version 7?

Destroyer

Post by Destroyer » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:26 pm

Go for the latest beta.... :)
Please note: I am NOT official newsleecher support.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:48 am

Or install both. You will need to install the beta into a different location (like C:\Program Files\NewsLeecherBeta\ ) then before you run it the first time, create a .ini file to tell it to look elsewhere for the data files (like C:\NLBeta\ ). Please see this FAQ on how to create the ini file.

This will allow you to switch between the beta and final versions as you wish.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.