Upgrading newsleecher V4 help

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

meridius

Upgrading newsleecher V4 help

Post by meridius » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:15 am

Hi all

Been using newsleecher V4 for a few years and wanted to upgrade or update to V5 or even V6 but i can not seem to find the update or payment for the new version ?

can anyone help

thanks

Destroyer

Post by Destroyer » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:31 pm

The pricing model has changed since you bought V4 probably, see :

http://www.newsleecher.com/signup/

I would recommend going V4 > download and install V5 final > Open once > v6 Beta :)
Please note: I am NOT official newsleecher support.

meridius

Post by meridius » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:38 pm

thanks did not know they went monthly which theres no way i am doing that, just not interested.

so i have to install V5 Trial version over my registered version V4 ? then update V6 to beta ? willl it still be registered as i thought you had to buy it again for V5

or can i just install V5 in a new folder without doing anything to V4

and is it worth the upgrade.

thanks

Destroyer

Post by Destroyer » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:30 pm

If you don't want to pay for the subscription then I'm not sure answering the following questions is of any use.. but anyway :) I would upgrade in-place to V5 as it should be able to handle the conversion of your settings better, and then run it once, and then upgrade to V6 which will also handle the conversion of settings. While I am sure V4 to V6 works, the conversion process was probably tested more extensively from V5 and thus that's why I recommend it.
Please note: I am NOT official newsleecher support.

meridius

Post by meridius » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:21 pm

thanks so when i upgrade to 5 then 6 will i still be registered in my name and not a 30day trial or anything

thanks

meridius

Post by meridius » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:55 pm

well that was not good it just comes up with a trail and i lost al my V4 settings as i had to reinstall the whole thing again

not happy

you have to pay a monthly sub to get the latest version whihch theres no way i am paying that so it look like I have to go and get somthing better from another company. shame as i liked newsleecher but V4 getting to old

wish i could have the latest

D-Kay

Post by D-Kay » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:00 pm

meridius wrote: wish i could have the latest
yes, you can have it. But if you dont want to support continous effort and also the running servers (super search etc.), you can of course complain about not having the chance to get it with a one time payment.

meridius

Post by meridius » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:47 pm

never ever used super search would propb buy it again for a one off time payment but i already sub to a newgroup provider and dont want two monthly subs

shame

D-Kay

Post by D-Kay » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:56 am

meridius wrote:never ever used super search would propb buy it again for a one off time payment but i already sub to a newgroup provider and dont want two monthly subs

shame
go ahead and give newsleecher a shot, they offer a 14 day trial. And well, as newsleecher offers also newsgroup access over highwinds, you could go for the ready to go package, as it would be only one subscribtion for your software and usenet access.
http://www.newsleecher.com/signup/

meridius

Post by meridius » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:01 pm

No thats ok happy with the provider i have.

just a shame about not been able to get the newer version without it so i will have to try other softwares out as V4 is getting abit dated.

shame