Building Download Directories

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

capntripz

Building Download Directories

Post by capntripz » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:44 pm

I used to be able to create directory structures on download by exporting the files I wanted to an .nzb file that I customized the folder name to download too and importing it. Now I just get all the files placed in the group directory. I don't get the tree structure like

alt.binaries.test
-----------John's Vacation
------------------ picture files
-----------Mary's Vacation'
-------------------picture files

Now I get

alt.binaries.test
--------any and all files downloaded from multiple .test group downloads

What am I doing wrong? This used to work until the latest beta versions. Now I end up with group directories and a huge assortment of files that I have to sort through to put them back in there appropriate folders. That really is a pain in the head. Can someone help me out in how I can make this work?

TIA,
Capn

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:38 am

NZB files don't contain the download directory paths. You probably have/had settings that when you imported the NZB, it set up the download path based on group or subject keywords.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

capntripz

Post by capntripz » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:28 am

Will any of the Leech commands build custom named directories? This did work and I have looked all over for settings that work. I have not used the Leech commands as I always ended up with path errors. Hope you can help cause this is a disaster.

Thanks,
Capn.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:53 pm

Leech Smart will create the directory name from the subject of the post.
Leech Specify will ask you for the directory name, using the subject as the base name.

The Repair and Extract Manager then has configuration options to extract the files to specifically named dirs using matching rules of either the subject or group name.
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

capntripz

Post by capntripz » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:30 pm

Thanks! I think I finally figured out all the buttons to set (to get back to the setup I had) but I would rather use something like "Leech Specify". Will "Leech Specify" put the specified folder under the group name it was downloaded from? Thanks for the help.

Capn.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:01 am

There is the option for that in the Leech Specify dialog and in the general settings (puts all downloads into subdirs based on the group name)