What happened to sub folders on new beta 7?

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Pbman1953

What happened to sub folders on new beta 7?

Post by Pbman1953 »

I noticed, after downloading, that all contents went into one folder. The past version had a box to check for sub folders.. I can't seem to find that. If you you removed that I feel that a big need to keep things organized. Please bring that back

Thanks

Pbman1953

Re: What happened to sub folders on new beta 7?

Post by Pbman1953 »

No answer for this question?

Thanks

WizADSL

Post by WizADSL »

The new version of newsleecher uses "tags" to represent group names and post subjects in the destination folder names. You can restore the "old" behavior by setting "Default Download Destination Folder Path" to something like:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\NewsLeecher\downloads\<Group>\<Subject>\
and "Default RAR Default Destination Path" to:

Code: Select all

<PAR2 Path>
Obviously you would change the "C:\Program Files\NewsLeecher\downloads\" part to whatever it should be for you, the <Group> and <Subject> bits are the "tags" that get replaced by the actual group name and post subject and <PAR2 Path> becomes the location of the PAR file (or I assume where it would end up since an extractable download may not have one).

This new destination folder/tag system is documented here:

viewtopic.php?t=25625

* NOTE *
It seems that this new system is not fully tested and is buggy. If the post subject contains asterisks (*) the folder will be created but no files will be saved in the folder. The documentation referenced above also mentions that "Default RAR Default Destination Path" can simply be left blank, but if it is, the destination folder settings will be reset to the default once you exit newsleecher.

Pbman1953

Post by Pbman1953 »

I really can't understand why you don't just leave a good and easy thin g alone. Sorry to be so harsh but now I'm getting nothing but error messages.

Please go back to the simple way it was before on your next build

Thanks
Rich

Destroyer

Post by Destroyer »

Why don't you post the error messages so the developer can advise.
Please note: I am NOT official newsleecher support.

Pbman1953

Post by Pbman1953 »

After tagging a group to my download folder

A temporary download file could not be created

File- 261552287

Pbman1953

Post by Pbman1953 »

Ooops, fixed and solved it my self. I'm an idiot :), I had the cursor at the beginning of the line instead of after the folder location

matteodoors

Post by matteodoors »

Pbman1953 wrote:Ooops, fixed and solved it my self. I'm an idiot :), I had the cursor at the beginning of the line instead of after the folder location

this a general question about Tech Support for a device or product you might have?

scuba
Site Admin

Post by scuba »

Pbman1953 wrote:Ooops, fixed and solved it my self. I'm an idiot :), I had the cursor at the beginning of the line instead of after the folder location

Great to hear that you are back on track! :D
Scuba - NewsLeecher Support Team
The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.