Start NewsLeecher minimized to tray

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Tomik

Start NewsLeecher minimized to tray

Post by Tomik »

Hello,

I've had NL 6.x in my Windows 7 installation and it always started minimized to tray (only tray icon, not visible in the taskbar).
I've installed Windows 8.1 and moved forward to NL 7.0 beta 2, but couldn't find a setting to configure this installation to automatically load as a tray icon only.
How can make NL load into the tray automatically again?

Thanks,
Tom

daleidat

Re: Start NewsLeecher minimized to tray

Post by daleidat »

When you are working in Newsleecher and want to minimise Newsleecher, just press the F9 key.

Hope this helps.

Quaraxkad

Post by Quaraxkad »

In 6.5, it's under Adv. Nerdy Tweaks, Launch Minimized. Is it no longer there in 7.0?

Tomik

Post by Tomik »

Quaraxkad wrote:In 6.5, it's under Adv. Nerdy Tweaks, Launch Minimized. Is it no longer there in 7.0?
Thanks! This setting helps as now it launches minimized, but for some reason the "Always minimize to System Tray" advanced tweak is not working. When I run NL it minimizes to the Taskbar instead of the System Tray.
Could this be a bug?

P.S - I just noticed that the "True" setting for the "Always minimize to System Tray" is lighter color. Could that hint that for some reason it's no applied?

Quaraxkad

Post by Quaraxkad »

Tomik wrote:P.S - I just noticed that the "True" setting for the "Always minimize to System Tray" is lighter color. Could that hint that for some reason it's no applied?
Light gray indicates settings that have changed from their defaults.

Tomik

Post by Tomik »

Quaraxkad wrote: Light gray indicates settings that have changed from their defaults.
Then that's not consistent either, as I've changed several other settings and none of them is shown as light gray.

Tomik

Post by Tomik »

bump