download directory for each nzb file?

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Bisamrat

download directory for each nzb file?

Post by Bisamrat »

I just installed newsleechter v7 beta 3 which has the new directory download support.

I set it up so that all files are downloaded to the default download directory, like the old version of newsleecher), for example d:/newsleecher/download. This works fine for files downloaded from groups and superleech, however when I download something from a nzb file, it will always place the download in a filename directory, for example d:/newsleecher/download/filename

Anyone knows what I am doing wrong? I just want all downloads in the same directory, and not with sub-directories

scuba
Site Admin

Re: download directory for each nzb file?

Post by scuba »

Go to to TOOLBOX - SETTINGS - NZB Files
Click on NZB - Import - Destination Folder Entry

Make sure there is no TAG listed (like <NZB Name>) and click OK - remove the checkmark in "Overwrite Default Download Folder"

Try again afterwards
Scuba - NewsLeecher Support Team
The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Bisamrat

Post by Bisamrat »

Excellent worked perfectly, thanks

scuba
Site Admin

Post by scuba »

Great!
Scuba - NewsLeecher Support Team
The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

capntripz

Post by capntripz »

Scuba - I am trying to do just the opposite. I want the files to dowload and make nice little download folders with the path in the NZB file. How do I set that up? alt.binaries.file/coolness_live_2087/

Thanks,
Cyrus

capntripz

Post by capntripz »

I found the answer in tags. Now if I can just get the right tags or the right tags exist I will be in good shape.
Sure hope this works.
Capn.

capntripz

Post by capntripz »

Hi Scuba
Well, I thought I had it using tags and I did but the tags made the names too long blowing out the path constraints. I use to create my own NZB files using the the "select files, right click, more, create nzb, put in my own name for the directory, then saving the nzb where NL would pick it up. It would create directory structure with the group and the name I had given the nzb I created. So what has happened that it no longer seems to work? Is there a way to accomplish this? Otherwise I have to sort files and it drives me crazy as I cue up a bunch and let it churn. This is a real game changer for me. I could really use your help on this one. Thanks in advance of any help you can provide.

Sincerely,
Capn.

SimonleBonbon

Post by SimonleBonbon »

*bump*

Just like capntripz, I create nzb files (i.e. sometimes with Spotnet/Spotweb). Until Newsleecher 6.5 beta 6, NZB auto import did the rest for me (create a folder in the default download folder, the name of the folder was the same as the nzb file name).

The problem is that the file name of the articles can be very abstract, i.e 8fgtrr597kktlsrp63rt. And in NL7 this (article) filename is used to create the folder name. So, instead of folder names I can understand in a glance (i.e. Vikings S02E06), I have to dive into them before I know what is inside the folder.

It's probably possible with NL7, but I cant find the way how to set this up. I've tried several methods but eventually I ended up downgrading to NL 6.5. Downgrading isn't exactly the right word, because Newsleecher is IMHO the best newsreader around. And 6.5 is (almost) perfect.
Newsleecher user since 2005