Superleecher and normal search?

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

boomdijk

Superleecher and normal search?

Post by boomdijk »

When I search for a episode of my favorite series I get three hits... When I enter the same search query in a superleech command I get no results?????

Is there something wrong or am I doing something wrong?

Johan

Quaraxkad

Re: Superleecher and normal search?

Post by Quaraxkad »

You're not doing anything "wrong", I just suspect you don't know how SuperLeech works. There are a few message boxes that pop up when you add an item to SuperLeech that explains how it works, did you read any of that or just click the OK or Do Not Show button?

I'll summarize... In SuperLeech, it runs a SuperSearch automatically in the background, and downloads any *NEW* posts it finds.

boomdijk

Post by boomdijk »

I think the term *NEW* is the problem here... As soon as you searched the term once they are not new anymore and the won't trigger a autoleech.. Is that the case???

J

Quaraxkad

Post by Quaraxkad »

SuperLeech maintains it's own list of what's new. Anything you SuperSearch is *not* going to affect SuperLeech.

Open the NL options, go to Interface, click "Reset 'Never Show This Dialog Again' Flags" button. Add a new SuperLeech, and read the message boxes that come up explaining in detail how SL works.

boomdijk

Post by boomdijk »

That is what i have done...

I have seen that the superleech entry i have made has downloaded a new episode. So it won't search "back in time" for episodes. When it allready has been posted it will not be downloaded. It will only download new posted material after you have made the entry...

Do i get the rules now??

Quaraxkad

Post by Quaraxkad »

That's correct.