How to Turn ON again the "Last 10 Searches" Window?

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Rubens58

How to Turn ON again the "Last 10 Searches" Window?

Post by Rubens58 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:26 pm

NewsLeecher 7 beta 5... Accidentally I turned off the window located on the left side of the SuperSearch results list. How do I turn on this window again on the confuse NewsLeecher interface? I can't find that control... (the window I'm talking about shows the last 10 searches I did...)

[ ] Rubens

Rubens58

Re: How to Turn ON again the "Last 10 Searches" Window?

Post by Rubens58 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:35 pm

I think I get it...

. Settings / SuperSearch ...
. Unmark the [ ] Auto Hide Bookmark View option...

[ ] Rubens

Sunfox

Post by Sunfox » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:01 am

You might've also killed it accidentally using the "H" key on your keyboard.

Rubens58

Post by Rubens58 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:38 am

Tanx!!!... It's 2016, I have the same problem AGAIN, and NewsLeecher's interface does not help in absolutely ANYTHING!

For God's sake, "H" key on keyboard? Really? With no clues at all?... For us accidentally press the H key and not know how to turn on the screen again? Pfff... Why the interface doesn't has a icon to do so?

Again, tanx!... I really mean.

ECvYPhma

Post by ECvYPhma » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:56 pm

Rubens58 wrote:For God's sake, "H" key on keyboard? Really? With no clues at all?... For us accidentally press the H key and not know how to turn on the screen again? Pfff... Why the interface doesn't has a icon to do so?
That's always been a weakness of Newsleecher, and I've been using it since 2005. There's never been a list of keyboard shortcuts for users. Want to know which key-commands are available? Study the release notes, beginning earlier than version 7, and note each new addition, subtraction, or change to keyboard shortcuts. There's no other way. I began a list a few years ago here:

https://newsleecher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24766

I didn't return to the project, and no one else added to it. So, obviously no one cares enough to spend any of their own time. Not that they should have to. Documentation is a reasonable expectation for a commercial software product.