Download to different a drive instead of final file location

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Andre

Download to different a drive instead of final file location

Post by Andre » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:02 pm

I download my files into about 10-15 different named folders on my NAS, selected from the download folder-name history list, but sometimes my download stream can be faster than my LAN/NAS can write the data, and this causes the download to keep pausing.

Is there any way to use the 'Download' folder options to have NewsLeecher always write to a temporary location (for example my internal fast RAID-0 array) for all the temporary downloaded files (RARs, PAR2s, etc) but have the final contents neatly extracted into the desired final folder for that session (as selected from the drop-down history list)?

Andre

Quaraxkad

Re: Download to different a drive instead of final file loca

Post by Quaraxkad » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:18 pm

Set the download folder to your local array. And use the Destination Folders function to change where the final files are extracted to. You need at least 7.0b1 to use this feature.

Andre

Post by Andre » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:04 pm

My Default Download folder was already set to my D:\ drive (the local RAID-0 array), but I hadn't thought to try presetting various separate extraction folders in the rules settings. I assumed those only worked dynamically, based on names derived from the newsgroup/filename, but as you say they can be completely manually selected and that will work like a charm for my regular weekly items.

Thanks for the pointer, I'm off to create some destination folder settings!

Andre

scuba
Site Admin

Post by scuba » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:44 pm

yes see this:
viewtopic.php?t=25625
Scuba - NewsLeecher Support Team
The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Andre

Post by Andre » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:03 pm

Thanks, I worked it out from Quaraxkad's reply, and it's working well for me now.

The FAQ post does not actually directly cover what I was asking by the way (I had already read it before posting here), as it only refers to setting up automated destination folders based on newsgroup names, tags, etc. What I wanted to do was set up a series of defined final destination folders from which I could manually select when leeching RAR sets, but not using any automated tagging. This can be done using the same methods, but it wasn't very clear from the FAQ. Maybe a new brief section could be added to the FAQ mentioning how to do this? I'd be happy to write it for you if you like.

Andre