superleech not working atm?

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

scuba
Site Admin

Re: superleech not working atm?

Post by scuba »

Scuba - NewsLeecher Support Team
The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

daviddth

Post by daviddth »

I cant read it on any device - just times out. Must be internet in Australia as home, wifi from different neighbour or my Mobile phone all time out and they are 3 different ISP's :(

iinweed

Post by iinweed »

Can't load the page here in the UK either. Even this forum is taking a long time to load.

pka4916

Post by pka4916 »

May 27, 2015

Since the previous beta release of NewsLeecher, some SuperLeech service users have experienced article matching issues with specific SuperLeech entries, resulting in articles being ignored by SuperLeech, instead of being being downloaded.
We are working on fixing the issue and will post a new version of NewsLeecher as soon as that has been done. Hopefully very soon.

Funny.... this is happening with my V6.x version.. I am not even using V7.... and it all seems to be blamed on the current version..
this is f.cking bullsh.t

iinweed

Post by iinweed »

6.5B6 and 7b7 are both doing it here. Both were working fine until a few weeks back, so the problem is not with the client, it is with the servers.

Hopefully the new version will just send out a series of supersearch commands and queue the results instead of this complicated (and apparently unreliable) crap they seem intent on pursuing. Superleech frequently misses stuff the way it is implemented, for no obvious reason that I can see, so a rewrite might be a good thing.

addseo1115

Post by addseo1115 »

Next day, again

pka4916

Post by pka4916 »

iinweed wrote:6.5B6 and 7b7 are both doing it here. Both were working fine until a few weeks back, so the problem is not with the client, it is with the servers.

Hopefully the new version will just send out a series of supersearch commands and queue the results instead of this complicated (and apparently unreliable) crap they seem intent on pursuing. Superleech frequently misses stuff the way it is implemented, for no obvious reason that I can see, so a rewrite might be a good thing.

Why do I need to go to V7.x while the V6.x was working fine for over a year with no problems..

iinweed

Post by iinweed »

My version 6 and version 7 never caught 100% of the articles I was looking for, I had to do a manual search from time to time to catch these errant posts.

I would, however, that the current server issue was just fixed so the existing versions worked they way they used to, and have a version 8 that catches everything it is told to, with no silly "only finds posts after the day you created the entry" type crap. Just give us a list of things that get searched for and queued up since the last search.

pka4916

Post by pka4916 »

Just reading the news in NL about the issue...

I think it is total bullshit.. "Since the previous Beta Release .... Some users are having issues with Superleech"

I DON'T USE A PREVIOUS BETA!!!!! I USE LIKE 8 PREVIOUS VERSIONS... LIKE V6.5 TO BE EXACT..

So don't blame it on V7 Beta 7. You guys made a change to the servers, which is causing the problems..

daviddth

Post by daviddth »

It seems like there are no answers coming in regards to this long running issue.

Surely a small updated version sent to a few testers with more logging and traps on the super leech service would not be a hard thing to knock up? There are people willing to help get this fixed, but are receiving nothing but poor excuses. I am beginning to think the programmer has left and nobody is doing anything

pka4916

Post by pka4916 »

Funny, that you mentioned that.... Was getting the same impression...
Since he had done it in the past with a different news program.. under a different name..
Things got too complicated, and gone he was..... although this time, they provide a lot more services... but who knows.

It's always easy to blame something else. and stating that it's hard to find... since it's NOT in the Code.... DUH!!!!!!!
all the fraKKing around with servers up and down , moving stuff.. that's when things went downhill

daviddth

Post by daviddth »

I agree with the source being the server, but it apparently works from their end, just not for us. A set of logs capturing any connection issues would surely help find the issue, but it's not happening, at least that we can see.

The thing is we are seeing no errors so it's talking to SOMETHING out there but returning no updates from there. It's as if it's talking to the old servers database which has not been updated for the 6 weeks or so

That's also about the time that the website began to really have issues here. It is pathetically slow, with some pages timing out before loading. That never happened before the moves were talked about.

pka4916

Post by pka4916 »

I sent my logs and folders to them.. so if it's working for them , I agree
Superleech is looking at maybe the old servers..... idk... but they should be able to fix that within a few seconds.

And the wesite/forum speed.... reminds me of the 56K speed from the 90's ....

daviddth

Post by daviddth »

56k, pfth you youngster lol. I was thinking mor like my 1200 baud modem from the 80's, or thanks to poor adsl in Australia, that's not much worse than my current home connection speed:(

pka4916

Post by pka4916 »

lol, nah, I skipped that one... and started with 2400 Bps.

3 hrs for 1 Mb download... and better not hoping that you lost your phone line.