Article Not Found - Partial Success

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

mellamoeric

Article Not Found - Partial Success

Post by mellamoeric »

Greetings:

Kinda new to usenet, I used to run newsleecher off of fusion on my mac but I'm running it now with windows from my work laptop but based off of my external hard drive.

I've tried downloading a particular item, and for the first 400mb it was cycling between "article not found" and downloading. It finished downloading 3 .rar files, and after trying to move onto the 4th it's stuck on "Article Not Found" and is cycling between queued and initializing. I'm using astraweb's server. Any advice?

Regards,
Eric

scuba
Site Admin

Re: Article Not Found - Partial Success

Post by scuba »

Hi Eric
A 430 No Such Article error is a message from the news server (astra web), not from the NewsLeecher software application itself. It means the articles you are trying to download are not available on the news server.

This can be due to multiple reasons but the common causes are :
• Trying to download an article that is older than the retention of the server
• The article hasn't been propagated to that server from the posting server yet
• The articles have been removed from the servers per a DMCA ( copyright infringement ) take down request.

You can use Superleech to automate download of stuff before it's removed.
The SuperLeech service is based on the SuperSearch search service, and allows one to setup search queries that will automatically find and leech wanted articles off the Usenet, as soon as possible, after they have been made available online.

If you are using SuperSearch to locate the posts, please be aware that the SuperSearch index is collected from multiple backend feeds. It is possible that the articles are available on a different server than what you are using (#2 above). However, in recent months, the articles are removed due to DMCA removal requests so the headers pointing to these articles are no longer valid. If you go for the newest versions - 6 beta 1 and newer - we have this new feature SuperLeech. The SuperLeech service is based on the SuperSearch search
service, and allows one to setup search queries that will automatically find and leech wanted articles off the Usenet, as soon as possible, after they have been made available online.
Scuba - NewsLeecher Support Team
The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.