How Can I install NewsLeecher on my laptop ?

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

priya01

Post by priya01 »

Thanks
Priya
SEO Blogger at hopinfirst.com

scuba
Site Admin

Re: How Can I install NewsLeecher on my laptop ?

Post by scuba »

What do you mean?
Scuba - NewsLeecher Support Team
The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Goldy

Post by Goldy »

I have NL on my main desktop as well as my Laptop so I can download from work if I have to.
Just set it up with your name and password and your newsgroup server. you have to set up your groups as well.
I'm new to NL so it may have an export/import settings feature I missed.
I recently Gave up on Xnews (hasn't been upgraded in quite a while) as it started throwing up errrors and no resinstalling helped under win10.
newsbin was slow as molasses and bogged down if you got more then 1 million headers. Mimo search function is good but it too was
slow with headers. Newleecher is a great boon as it doesn't have these problems and is simple to setup.
One thing if your putting NL on your Laptop for downloading binaries invest in an external hard drive as your main drive will fill up quickly, :)

scuba
Site Admin

Post by scuba »

Goldy wrote:I have NL on my main desktop as well as my Laptop so I can download from work if I have to.
Just set it up with your name and password and your newsgroup server. you have to set up your groups as well.
I'm new to NL so it may have an export/import settings feature I missed.
I recently Gave up on Xnews (hasn't been upgraded in quite a while) as it started throwing up errrors and no resinstalling helped under win10.
newsbin was slow as molasses and bogged down if you got more then 1 million headers. Mimo search function is good but it too was
slow with headers. Newleecher is a great boon as it doesn't have these problems and is simple to setup.
One thing if your putting NL on your Laptop for downloading binaries invest in an external hard drive as your main drive will fill up quickly, :)
:D
Scuba - NewsLeecher Support Team
The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.