Crash updating groups

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

joesixpack

Crash updating groups

Post by joesixpack »

When I update groups, if I choose option to update all, NL crashes every time. If i update each group individually, NL usually won't crash.

JMark

Re: Crash updating groups

Post by JMark »

Same here.

scuba
Site Admin

Post by scuba »

we need more information...

can you send more details to the support team.

thanks
Scuba - NewsLeecher Support Team
The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

ECvYPhma

Post by ECvYPhma »

This problem occurred today (March 20). NL became unresponsive while auto-updating groups. I force-closed and re-launched NL three times as the problem repeated.

During the last instance, I noticed that NL was attempting to update a.b.teevee when it became unresponsive. (It loaded the group but downloaded zero new headers.)

I launched NL a fourth time and turned off auto-updating. I manually selected one large newsgroup at a time, and several small newsgroups at a time, to retrieve the latest headers. Everything went smoothly. I saved a.b.teevee for last, which also updated normally.

I run v7.0 Final on Windows 7 x64

scuba, does my post belong here or in the Bug Reports section? Hope it helps.

scuba
Site Admin

Post by scuba »

I would really like the support team to do a remote session to see it...can you create a support ticket and with the link to this forum.

We will handle it fast!

thanks,

ECvYPhma

Post by ECvYPhma »

I would create a support ticket, scuba, except I can't reproduce the problem now. Auto-Update is working fine again. It's anyone's guess what happened. :?

scuba
Site Admin

Post by scuba »

ECvYPhma wrote:I would create a support ticket, scuba, except I can't reproduce the problem now. Auto-Update is working fine again. It's anyone's guess what happened. :?

Strange but great! =D>

But if it happens again... send me a message (creating a support ticket) and i will look into it!