Newsleecher has disconnected, because a temporary download file could not be created.

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

DriverDB

Newsleecher has disconnected, because a temporary download file could not be created.

Post by DriverDB »

"Newsleecher has disconnected, because a temporary download file could not be created."

What steps do I take to fix this, please?

scuba
Site Admin

Re: Newsleecher has disconnected, because a temporary download file could not be created.

Post by scuba »

Hi,
It can be many things causing this one. Please try to reset the config files:
You can hold down F12 when starting the application and it will ask if you wish to load your configuration files.
Start with not loading the General Settings File by answering No and it will launch NewsLeecher with the default settings.
Immediately quit NewsLeecher to save the default settings to disk. Then launch NewsLeecher again and it should start up with default
settings and hopefully no error messages. If you get more errors, try the same procedure for the other setting files.
Scuba - NewsLeecher Support Team
The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

DriverDB

Re: Newsleecher has disconnected, because a temporary download file could not be created.

Post by DriverDB »

Thanks for that.
I managed to fix it by removing the hard drive, connecting it as a second drive to another computer, then deleting the temporary download folder.
That gave me one corrupt file, but pars fixed the problem.

scuba
Site Admin

Post by scuba »

Ok great! Thanks for giving us an update! :D
Scuba - NewsLeecher Support Team
The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.