Search could not find something ???

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Bigrabbit

Search could not find something ???

Post by Bigrabbit »

Just trying to find subject names containing Koning in the newsgroup alt.binaries.dvd, without any success.
This seems to be very strange because I can download the files with subject Koning- "B.B.King.partxx.rar", by starting the related nzb-file.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong ?

dwazegek
Forum Moderator

Re: Search could not find something ???

Post by dwazegek »

Bigrabbit wrote:Just trying to find subject names containing Koning in the newsgroup alt.binaries.dvd, without any success.
This seems to be very strange because I can download the files with subject Koning- "B.B.King.partxx.rar", by starting the related nzb-file.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong ?
have you set your server as a search server? (under server options make sure the checkbox "use this server for server searches" (or something like what) is checked)
some servers have a shorter header retention than article retention, so you can't find the headers, but can still download the files from (e.g.) a nzb.

there are probably more possibilities, but i'm too braindead at the moment
Forum's Grammar Nazi:
I will hunt you down if you don't lose the extra o.

Bigrabbit

Re: Search could not find something ???

Post by Bigrabbit »

Yes it is checked.

About short the shorter retention for headers than for articles: I did a Supersearch on B.B.King (category Others) and NL found the whole bunch of headers (!!).

Strange behaviour, perhaps you find an answer when you brains are living again ? :lol: