How do you limit to 50 to 75% of bandwidth ofn Newsleecher 8

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

happy hopping

How do you limit to 50 to 75% of bandwidth ofn Newsleecher 8

Post by happy hopping »

I am trying newsleecher 8 for the 1st time this week. W/ the older ver. of Newsleecher, you can limit the download to 50% or 75% etc. With this ver. of news leecher, I don't see that option on the pull down menu

So I Enable the download speed scheduler, but it does NOT work. I set it to as low as 14% to 40%, it does not change, it still download at max. speed. Can anyone help

On unrelated matter, for those who want to pay for the subscription, is there an annual payment option, preferably via paypal?

Mibbler

Re: How do you limit to 50 to 75% of bandwidth ofn Newsleecher 8

Post by Mibbler »

I've never used the Speed Scheduler so I don't know if it works. I set my Internet Max Speed a little higher than it really is so that I could always get the maximum when I wanted it. If I want to reduce that (e.g. when also streaming online video) the easiest way is to drag down the speed setting to the left of the speed graph (lower left of the NL window). That works for me. While downloading, both the graph and the speed listing below it show the reduction.

BTW, the NL speed shown is the actual data rate, which is normally slightly lower than the Internet bit rate. But years ago when I used GigaNews and their GN Accelerator, which sent headers in a zip file that was unzipped at my end before being handed off to NL, the NL data rate was far higher than the Internet bit rate.
Del Mibbler

Miller

Post by Miller »

Hello,
I had the same problem. Thanks for the valuable advice!

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping »

thank you for helping out. I never notice there is that little bar there. Because w/ the older ver., there is a setting at 25%, 50%, 75% etc., so there is improvement on ver. 8.

Update: it seems there is a bug: I had it at 500KB/sec, then without touching anything, it moves to 1.1MB/s. Likewise, on unrelated matter, I am grabbing header for the past 3 days. It did not show

1 of the other poster in the other thread told me there is a lot of bugs on this ver. He's not kidding

Bradshaw

Post by Bradshaw »

Checked my speed, and outside of NNTP, my internet speed is normal. Must be a bottle Uff for me 7-8 is normal what is ur isp offering? 1. Reply ORC2 and ran the 10 GB test I went from <1% of normal speed to 75%. And Max connections is 50. But is it Comparing Download Speeds With NZB Get and Newsleecher.
myaccountaccess.com