Download 400 error when 4 are being used? is this NL?

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

haldir

Download 400 error when 4 are being used? is this NL?

Post by haldir »

with the past couple NL releases,

I tend to get this error quite often (at least every time Im downloading). I am allowed 4 spots to download, and it's set to 04 in the options. I usually get this error and can't connect.

1/18/2005 5:49:03 PM Unable to authenticate at server: news (400 Too Many Connections [UNS-USER allows 4 per host/0 per feed (0 == nolimit)] (Tornado v1.0.5.358)).

Any ideas?

Also, I can't see my green download bar anymore in the download screen. Is it hidden or is that a bug?

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Usenetserver has been having problems recently and it could be that one of their servers isn't properly disconnecting a connection when it is done. NL then tries to make another connection but UNS thinks you are going over your limit and you get that error.

Either just ignore it, lower your connections down to 3, or change the retry time to 5 seconds instead of the 5 minute default (this setting is in Options>Connection)

As for the green bandwidth meter, you can turn it back on by selecting it from the View Menu>Bandwidth Meter>Show Bandwidth Meter
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

haldir

Post by haldir »

Thanks so much for your help smudge! :)

That sounds about right, but it wasn't the bandwidth that disappeared, it's the green percentage bars under each file in the download area that aren't showing.

I did play around with it but it still seems squished no matter if you remove the other tabs.

:)