Window Location Issue

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

FuzzyDog

Window Location Issue

Post by FuzzyDog »

I have an odd problem with Newsleecher.

I can only run Newsleecher maximized. If I minimize Newsleecher, it won't reopen again. If I try to take Newsleecher out of maximum to normal floating window mode the window vanishes and can't be restored.

Somehow Newleecher is remembering my last window location in a position that isn't accessable to me on my display. Unlike other applications, Newsleecher doesn't have the "move" option in the dropdown menu of you right-click the newsleecher tab in the taskbar so there's no way for me to move the window back onto the screen using the arrow keys. Restore also doesn't work to bring back the window to my screen.

Can someone tell me where Newsleecher stores the last known window location information so I can change it or, even better, add the "move" functionality to the right click drop down menu if you click on Newsleecher in the taskbar?

I'm thinking Newleecher is trying to place the window on display #2 but I don't have a display #2 anymore and there is no display #2 in my properties settings to disable anymore.

Thanks for the help.

GekkeKoe

Post by GekkeKoe »

try this.. when the window is maximized and focused, "restore" it to normal mode (where it's off-screen).

make sure you don't click anywhere else and press: (left)ALT+SPACE
that should give you the proper system menu from the actual NL window (whereas right-clicking the NL taskbar button will not). you can then choose Move, then press Up or Down on your keyboard and after that you can drag the mouse to get the window back in your view.

HTH
NARF!

FuzzyDog

Post by FuzzyDog »

GekkeKoe wrote:try this.. when the window is maximized and focused, "restore" it to normal mode (where it's off-screen).

make sure you don't click anywhere else and press: (left)ALT+SPACE
that should give you the proper system menu from the actual NL window (whereas right-clicking the NL taskbar button will not). you can then choose Move, then press Up or Down on your keyboard and after that you can drag the mouse to get the window back in your view.

HTH
That worked! Thanks for taking the time to answer this. I've had this issue come up rarely but when it does, I've searched all over the internet and couldn't find a solution.

Thanks for solving a frustrating issue : )

jeroenvtec

thx

Post by jeroenvtec »

Ik had the same problem because of multiple monitor. alt space and the arrow key worked fine !