headers

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

henrys

headers

Post by henrys » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:39 pm

please forgive me if i am being stupid last week i trialled version 2.1 and had no problems i have decided to purchase the programme and now have the latest beta version i have added another subscribed group to my list and now i would like to know how i download all of the headers and view them the programme does say getting headers but i can`t see any of them and i have made sure the active group is the correct one in fact i can`t see headers from any of the subscribed groups obviously i am doing something stupid :>) would be grateful if you could please advise or have i wasted my money
Henry

Destroyer

Post by Destroyer » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:50 pm

Have you got some box ticked like "Only New". or "Binaries" or "Non Binaries", or do you have something in the search field which is filtering out everything ?

henrys

headers

Post by henrys » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:21 pm

thank you for your prompt reply i did have something in the supersearch field which i was really just trying out and only new was ticked which i have now unticked incomplete binaries and non binaries is ticked i have also found out i needed to click were it says text :>) one other question if you don`t mind am i able to view the headers from one group after getting headers from another like i do with another news reader that i have or aren`t they actually stored
Henry

henrys

headers

Post by henrys » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:51 pm

please ignore last message now ok thank you for your help i do however have 1 query but this maybe the wrong place for my question my other news reader is newsrover and in that programme you can move your downloaded files later from the view of the group itself can you do that with this programme as a problem could develop if downloaded files were only numbered i.e you could have a couple of files numbered 01 e.tc all in the same place (one folder)
Henry

Lips
Forum Moderator

Re: headers

Post by Lips » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:52 pm

henrys wrote:please ignore last message now ok thank you for your help i do however have 1 query but this maybe the wrong place for my question my other news reader is newsrover and in that programme you can move your downloaded files later from the view of the group itself can you do that with this programme as a problem could develop if downloaded files were only numbered i.e you could have a couple of files numbered 01 e.tc all in the same place (one folder)
If I'm understanding you correctly, (just trying to make sense out of the 1 long run-on sentence), you can do a couple things to have NL help organize your downloads:
1. Enable "Options | Download | Put downloads into group folders". This will automagically save the files into a folder named for the newsgroup.

2. Leech using Leech Smart or Leech Specify. Leech Smart will auto create a subfolder named for the subject of the first overview selected. If you enabled #1 above, this subfolder will be created under the folder named for the newsgroup. Leech Specify will display the subject as the subfolder name and allow for easy editing of the name. It will also allow you to choose the folder.
Anyways, just give this a try.

--
Lips

Destroyer

Post by Destroyer » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:51 pm

Yeah I use smart leech, its very handy and saves time. Also if you are using nzb, in options, select download nzb to subfolder, and "pretty up the folder name" ( if you want of course :) )

henrys

headers

Post by henrys » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:12 pm

many thanks for your help will try out your advise
Henry