Repeated Crashing

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

mofofofo

Repeated Crashing

Post by mofofofo »

Ever since saving my queue and closing Newsleecher (v3 Final), Newsleecher crashes within 2 minutes of opening up Newsleecher again. When I check out Processes in Task Manager after I get the application error, I notice there are 2 newsleecher.exe processes running (there is only one newsleecher.exe process when I initially start newsleecher).

Is newsleecher mistaking my processor for a dual core? I have an Athlon FX-51 (not a dual core).

I've tried deleting the saved queue files and importing an .nzb file, but newsleecher still crashes. It seems as soon as I connect and resume downloading, the program crashes. Do I have to disable a dual processor option?

Bug Data1:
lkljalj(4)

Bug Data2:
Access violation at address 005E2AAC in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address FBF10080

mofofofo

Another error...

Post by mofofofo »

Bug Data1:
moaomqws

Bug Data2:
Access violation at address 0040555C in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address 22810008

techfuzz
Forum Moderator

Post by techfuzz »

Completely reinstall NL and make sure you delete everything (cached headers, settings, temporary article parts) before you install it again.

techfuzz

mofofofo

Post by mofofofo »

Is there a particular cause for this so I can try to avoid recreating this bug?

Red Dwarf
Forum Moderator

Post by Red Dwarf »

The second process is the securitywrapper which envelops the main process, so this is perfectly normal. It looked like a corrupt config file or something.
Grtz RD

If I had a really good tagline, I would put it here.

tommasi

Re: Repeated Crashing

Post by tommasi »

man i have the same problem and i donno what to do :cry: i cant live oneday with out newsleecher
Bug Data1:
lkljalj(4)

Bug Data2:
Access violation at address 005E2AAC in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address FBF10080[/quote]

cheezhed

Post by cheezhed »

Same problem here...

pargoff

Post by pargoff »

I have also been having this problem since yesterday.

techfuzz
Forum Moderator

Post by techfuzz »

Move all the finals from under the /data directory someplace else temporarily. Does the problem return when you startup NL again?

techfuzz

dm01

Having same problem

Post by dm01 »

I am having the same problem. I re-installed Newsleecher (v3.0 final), getting rid of everything. I moved the finals from the /data folder, as suggested by techfuzz, but there is no improvement.

The problem arises when I try to download anything. I can update and idle just fine. I get a whole truckload of application error messages, with all different alphanumerics along the bottom, until I use the task manager to end the program.

I am very confused and ](*,) right now.

Can anyone help? :cry:
Hi, I don't care. Thanks.

rootuid

Post by rootuid »

I get this continually also.I've uninstalled , reinstalled, removed the data directory but alas to no avail.
Bug Data1:
lkljalj(4)

Bug Data2:
Access violation at address 005E2AAC in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address 14BE0080

Mr_Big

Post by Mr_Big »

This might be a temp fix for some folks.
Someone mentioned that they thought it was a date issue with 2006 so I set the clock on by PC back to 2005 and started my updates again on a re-installed version on NL.

So far everything seems fine. Might buy us some time until a proper solution can be found.

rootuid

Post by rootuid »

another one :(

Bug Data1:
moaomqws

Bug Data2:
Access violation at address 0040555C in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address 22810008

rootuid

Post by rootuid »

and again:
Bug Data1:
ioj3n22

Bug Data2:
Access violation at address 004328A1 in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address 00000000

doesn't matter what year. was crashing in the last days of december also:(

UKSte

Post by UKSte »

Ive been experiencing exactly the same problems over the last week, ive tried changing the date without success.

Can sit there idle, as soon as i import an nzb and starts to download it will crash ...

Bug Data1:
lkljalj(4)

Bug Data2:
Access violation at address 005E2AAC in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address AF131040

Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still exactly the same.

Think ill use another app until this is fixed.