Consistant Bug: Do the generated bug reports that are sent in actually help?

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

y0himba

Consistant Bug: Do the generated bug reports that are sent in actually help?

Post by y0himba »

I am getting a consistant bug, every time I update headers, and it of course generates a bug report which I then email. Do these really come to the attention of the developer?

I am really satisfied that the program doesn't crash, and after header updates are done I can close the error dialog and continue on with no ill effects. Having the error pop up s a bit annoying. I don;t want to end the popup, I would rather help repair the bug...

Here is the actual bug text, can someone also help me interpret what this means? Maybe then I can help a bit more than just emailing the bug.

This seems to happen when updating all groups. I start an update of all groups. When all groups are done updating except 2 or 3(I think it's a.b.boneless), Newsleecher will show the please wait dialog saying collecting cache garbage. It does this for 2 minutes or more, and my disk goes crazy with activity(I can hear it) and it locks everytihg else up, then the dialog disappears and the bug pops up. After this bug pops up, it will not go away, cannot be closed, until all header downloads are complete.

I have 10 threads open with an average of 10.05 MB/s. I also have my page file (pagefile.sys) set up on my D: drive which is an actual physical hardware device, a separate HDD, not a partition. I have it set to let Windows manage the pagefile, although I have tried using a min. of 768mb and max of 1536mb. There is about 70GB left on that drive. Nothing else writes to that drive, it is used for storage and backup, which I do manually. I have encountered problems with my audio (AC97 SiS 7012) drivers with that config so I thought I would mention it.
-Insert cool signature here.

y0himba

Post by y0himba »

That post was done on March 8th of 2006. I am still waiting for any response from technical support for the error below. It has been poisted by numerous people in these forums without response. Does Newsleecher actually have support? This bug is consistant through many Newsleecher versions, on many machines.

Bug Data1:
jkkjahsd

Bug Data2:
Access violation at address 0042BB3B in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address 00000004
-Insert cool signature here.

Alloneword

Post by Alloneword »

y0himba wrote:That post was done on March 8th of 2006. I am still waiting for any response from technical support for the error below.
Welcome to NewsLeechers support, it just ain't there.

As a rule app is fine but support is the worst i have ever seen, i'm not kidding it is a joke a 4 year old could do a better job.

Maybe we should set up a thread and see who has waited the longest for an answer, jesus i bet some folks have died waiting for it.

R.I.P. :(

All1

vazel

Post by vazel »

I get this error too when downloading millions of headers. When I close the bug window it keeps popping up. I have to stop downloading headers in order to close the bug menu because if I continue downloading headers with the bug window Newsleecher ends up crashing.

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

Reply here:
viewtopic.php?p=59083#59083

Cheers
Spiril
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.