freeze window and turn off internet

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

cap_P

freeze window and turn off internet

Post by cap_P » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:10 pm

I'm using version 3.5 beta 7 (latest) on window XP, AMD2600 and encounter followings problems:
-when disconnect NL, internet connection will also be turned off. Have to restart PC to get connected again
- when us NL and printer Canon IP 3000 to print disc label, system freeze up and have to restart PC
Please help!
Thanks,

techfuzz
Forum Moderator

Post by techfuzz » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:57 pm

Sounds like you have serious driver issues not related to NL. Are they all up to date? Are there any errors in the event log?

techfuzz

cap_P

Post by cap_P » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:27 am

I've never actually read the log. Even though would the log be wiped off if system freeze and need to restart PC? Regardless, I'll check for log next time it happens. Thanks!

Red Dwarf
Forum Moderator

Post by Red Dwarf » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:34 pm

cap_P wrote:I've never actually read the log. Even though would the log be wiped off if system freeze and need to restart PC? Regardless, I'll check for log next time it happens. Thanks!
Techfuzz is referring to the log maintained by windows, not the newsleecher one. Also in the new beta versions of newsleecher, you can turn on diskbased logging.
Grtz RD

If I had a really good tagline, I would put it here.

dwazegek
Forum Moderator

Post by dwazegek » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:23 pm

The event log can be found in Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Event Log, check the "System" and "Application" sections of the log to see if anything was logged when the problem ocurred.
Forum's Grammar Nazi:
I will hunt you down if you don't lose the extra o.

Liza02

Re: freeze window and turn off internet

Post by Liza02 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:15 am

I am getting very simillar kind of issue while managing documents and print those files. Even my taskbar won't hide, I don't know why it is happening, I had already enabled it. Freezing window make no sense, everthing is fine. I already checked all setup.