Create a new folder button

If you got suggestions for new features or feature changes in NewsLeecher, go ahead and let santa know.

'Create a new folder' button in Explorer?

Yes
38%
Would be nice
13%
Not important
38%
No
13%

Total votes: 8

bagurka

Create a new folder button

Post by bagurka »

I did a search but didn't see this requested before. Sorry if I missed it.

I would greatly appreciate a small 'Create a new folder' button in the File Explorer, probably right next to the 'Refresh current folder' button.

I've just switched from NL 2.0 to 3.5 (yeah, I'm that slow!) and in 2.0 I could at least use the standard windows explorer menu that pops up on the right mouse button click and do 'New -> Folder'. But it seems not possible in 3.5.

Arrogance

Post by Arrogance »

I'm surprised that more folks haven't posted a comment here. I voted "Not important", as I find the Explorer tab redundant at best and unnecessary at worst. Though a button for a new folder in the Explorer tab wouldn't hurt, there are other areas of the program that could use more attention.

As an aside, it wouldn't hurt Windows folders themselves to gain a New Folder button. Apparently it's more important to Microsoft to shackle our files with Digital Rights Management like High-Definition Content Protection than to actually improve the user interface of the operating system. They were wise enough to add checkboxes next to files for easy multiple selection, though. ;)

bagurka

Post by bagurka »

I agree that Windows Explorer (which is what essentially NL's explorer is) is not perfect but that's hardly a relevant topic here.

I also realize that not everybody uses NewsLeecher's file explorer. I, on the other hand, use it a lot to manage my downloads. For example, folder bookmarks are extremely useful and save time.

My point is that since the developer bothered with the Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, Refresh and Go up buttons, he could as well add one more... Not a terribly important feature, but indeed an improvement.