Tabbed SuperSearch

If you got suggestions for new features or feature changes in NewsLeecher, go ahead and let santa know.
Koogle

Tabbed SuperSearch

Post by Koogle »

Would really love to see a tabbed SuperSearch facility.. Would prevent me searching the same things again 10mins after I went looking for something else.

Also I'd like to see the larger searchBox on SS, or even better allow it to be adjustable.. Its kinda annoying when you've got a small searchBox and you've got to type in filters etc

thanks

Smudge
Site Admin

Re: Tabbed SuperSearch

Post by Smudge »

Koogle wrote:Would really love to see a tabbed SuperSearch facility.. Would prevent me searching the same things again 10mins after I went looking for something else.
Check out the Bookmark bar just under the Search bar. This will save the settings of the search (Category, days, search terms, result filters) as quick search buttons similar to the tabs you are requesting.
Koogle wrote:Also I'd like to see the larger searchBox on SS, or even better allow it to be adjustable.. Its kinda annoying when you've got a small searchBox and you've got to type in filters etc
This would be useful. Perhaps split the search field down to it's own row.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Koogle

Post by Koogle »

This would be useful. Perhaps split the search field down to it's own row.
i'd prefere to just able to make it longer.. having the whole search field take a whole new row would be unessacary on a larger display, but any improvement on how it current would be better than nothing.
Check out the Bookmark bar just under the Search bar. This will save the settings of the search (Category, days, search terms, result filters) as quick search buttons similar to the tabs you are requesting.
yes I know about the bookmark system and it useful to an extent... but having a tabbed search for each 'new' search would be soo much better.. less time wasted waiting for a search to download results(as you've already got that search result in a tab).... less wasted bandwidth on searching the same things(same as before) etc.. take emule tabbed search as an example and any other tabbed interface.. just makes things better.

desimaniac

Post by desimaniac »

I would be interested in this.

da_ghost

Post by da_ghost »

I'm just gonna bounce this post instead of creating a new one. This is something I really want.

desimaniac

Post by desimaniac »

bump

Koogle

Post by Koogle »

common newsleecher.. enough with the useless beta's give us some damn useful features! already!

lordazoroth

i know right!!

Post by lordazoroth »

i thought about this when i started using newsleecher and then forgot, this would be awesome, PLEASE DO THIS!!!!

Tig

Post by Tig »

They have a point, I'd be using the feature if it existed too.

Koogle

Post by Koogle »

2years... 2 friggin years! gimmie TABS :D sweeet plentiful TABS!!!!!