On the fly Add/Activate/Désactivate Servers/Channel without disconnecting

If you got suggestions for new features or feature changes in NewsLeecher, go ahead and let santa know.
0uistyty

On the fly Add/Activate/Désactivate Servers/Channel without disconnecting

Post by 0uistyty »

Hi,

I'm actually using Grabbit and I'm testing some others news grabbers to get more feature.

Over the others, NewsLeecher sounds like one of the best ! :P

One thin that is missing on NewsLeedher, is the possibility to modify the server settings without disconnect everthing.
- Activate/Desactivate server.
- Add/Remove server
- Increase/decrease number of channel

Some other feaure like
- "Auto detect quota limit reach" to disable the server would be nice too.
- "Auto detect channel limit to " to increase/decrease number of channel automaticly.

Best Regards.

^_0uistyty_^

Lips
Forum Moderator

Re: On the fly Add/Activate/Désactivate Servers/Channel without disconnecting

Post by Lips »

0uistyty wrote:One thin that is missing on NewsLeedher, is the possibility to modify the server settings without disconnect everthing.
- Activate/Desactivate server.
- Add/Remove server
- Increase/decrease number of channel
Yes, the ability to modify server settings and enable/disable servers on-the-fly has been discussed here before, so you are not alone. This is certainly on my wish list.
0uistyty wrote:"Auto detect quota limit reach" to disable the server would be nice too.
I can see this being useful.
0uistyty wrote:"Auto detect channel limit to " to increase/decrease number of channel automaticly.
Not sure about this one. I guess if your download speed is very inconsistent. Just curious as to how you would find this useful and if this something that would be used often.

--
Lips

0uistyty

Re: On the fly Add/Activate/Désactivate Servers/Channel without disconnecting

Post by 0uistyty »

Lips wrote:
0uistyty wrote:"Auto detect channel limit to " to increase/decrease number of channel automaticly.
Not sure about this one. I guess if your download speed is very inconsistent. Just curious as to how you would find this useful and if this something that would be used often.
--
Lips
Hi,

Thank's for the reply.

I was not talkin about the speed limitation but the number of slot that are available.
This feature is good when you upload sometime and your're using more than one client (Ex.NewsLeecher and Powerpost)

You start Newsleecher with 2 slot and powerpost with 2 slot.
When powerpost is finish, the slot will be availebale for Newsleecher.
So if NL is trying, once every "x" minutes/hours to see if 1 (or more) channel is available it will automatiquely increase the number of channel by 2.

Other things I saw using NewsLeecher :

1. Leech from specified server(s) Options in the Queue tab.

2. Taking retention prperty and age of post in consideration..
Let's say I set retention to 6 day on 1 server and 30 day on the other in the serverproperty
Why a post that have more than 7 days is still trying to be downloaded fron the server that I set with 6 days... would be nice to detect the podt age and the retention of the server...

Regards

^_0uistyty_^