User compiled quick reference wishlist

If you got suggestions for new features or feature changes in NewsLeecher, go ahead and let santa know.
Dreamweaver

Post by Dreamweaver »

Dear Santa,

please remove the [RnE] - Tag after extracted Archives by Repair 'n Extract in 3.9 beta 11. I didnt find an option to deselect it...

rnielsen151

Min days in supersearch also

Post by rnielsen151 »

Under supersearch, the max days is very useful, but also a min days would be nice. That way you can supersearch a date range quickly.

Smudge
Site Admin

Re: Min days in supersearch also

Post by Smudge »

rnielsen151 wrote:Under supersearch, the max days is very useful, but also a min days would be nice. That way you can supersearch a date range quickly.
Click on the Advanced Filters button (Magnify Glass next to the Search Go button) to reveal more filters, including a MinDays option.

You can also just manually type MinDays:## in the search box
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Arsby

Re: User compiled quick reference wishlist

Post by Arsby »

daphatty wrote: - Bad poster blocking a.k.a. Plonk File
viewtopic.php?t=1331
This is the one I would LOVE to have!
There is one poster (ever hear of "Miloch"?) who is clogging many of the groups with terabytes of DRM'd wmv files. How would I love to see a nice clean list of videos without his crap interspersed!

blue_dragon

Post by blue_dragon »

berliner6 wrote:
daphatty wrote: - Bad poster blocking a.k.a. Plonk File
viewtopic.php?t=1331
This is the one I would LOVE to have!
There is one poster (ever hear of "Miloch"?) who is clogging many of the groups with terabytes of DRM'd wmv files. How would I love to see a nice clean list of videos without his crap interspersed!
Newsleecher already has this, although a shortcut to it would be nice. Right click on an article, Advanced, Place Poster in Poster-Kill list. Something a little more advanced would be nice though, as this only goes by the poster's name, not their e-mail address or any other criteria. Unfortunately, some trolls (ever heard of Red Dog?) regularly change the way they have their name written (sometimes with spaces, sometimes without, sometimes adding extra characters), which fools the current killfile.

selgan

Post by selgan »

blue_dragon wrote: Newsleecher already has this, although a shortcut to it would be nice.
Yes this feature does exist and is very useful, but it's very boring to use it. You have to select only ONE article, right click on it, find the good submenu item and approve the exclusion. Really boring and uneasy.
(Notice as far as I know, excluding posters works by excluding strings in poster name, so you can exclude all posters using either a nickname with numerous radomly generated email adresses, or a specific domain using "@unwanted.domain")
Further on, in this same submenu you can select all poster's articles. That what I use when black-listing a junk-poster to delete all his/her articles.
If you blacklist a poster it could be an useful thing to delete simultaneaously all his/her posts from the groups' display (the cache ?)

Finally IMHO a very cool and important improvement would be to have
1) a simple shortcut to blacklist one or several posters at one time. (It's realy boring to blacklist dozens of posters each update)
2) Maybe an icon to do that quicly.
3) Having the blacklists working in the supersearch features if it don't overload the server. Maybe it could simply not display filtered results (could be enabled or disabled in the supersearch).
I hope it would be interesting suggestions for a lot of people, and I apologise if my English is not so fine as I whish.
Best regards and great thanks to all
Selgan

cyana

Post by cyana »

A threaded view of news headers belonging together would be great, e.g. instead of

thefile001.rar
thefile002.rar
thefile168.rar
thefile.par2

only one line with an expandable node (like NewsRover does)

greetings
Cyana

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

HappyJoe

Post by HappyJoe »

Slowazz wrote:All catagory in SS:
So I don't have to do the same search 3 times in General, Pictures and Audio
iirc Spiril said that this was not going to happen, it would put too much strain on the server.
How about adding an "Archive" option to the list? rar, zip, tgz, etc...

Slowazz

Post by Slowazz »

In Repair'n'Extract:

It would be nice if there was a option so that it would only verify the file/set if the expected and actual size didn't match or if the extracting of the set failed.

So it would be:

Check byte size: If ok, then extract, if not: verify and repair, else just extract, if byte size ok but extract failed then verify and repair then try to extract again.
That would save alot of cpu usage, as most set with matching expected and actually size is 100% procent complete.

Also in the queue tab, when selecting some of the files, it would show how many (giga/mega/kilo)bytes I selected, and maybe do a estimate of how long that selection would take to download given the current transfer rate.

And also in R'n'E having the option to take one par2 file at a time before procedding to the next par2 verification/reparing/extracting

TheSiege

Post by TheSiege »

"Also in the queue tab, when selecting some of the files, it would show how many (giga/mega/kilo)bytes I selected, and maybe do a estimate of how long that selection would take to download given the current transfer rate. " - This is already a feature. Select them and click "Queue Info"

dvgrhl

Post by dvgrhl »

Santa,

I would really like the ability to have multiple SuperSearch tabs open at once. Ctrl + T = opens new SuperSearch tab.

Thanks Santa, you rock!

Spoor12B

Post by Spoor12B »

I'd like to see an option which pauses articles which are already present in the DL directory.

This would come in very handy as NL doesn't seem to resume at the last article after a crash.

Ambit Energy

Post by Ambit Energy »

Customizing TABS are the best... they only knock them down!!!