Periodical backup of queue

If you got suggestions for new features or feature changes in NewsLeecher, go ahead and let santa know.
elite

Periodical backup of queue

Post by elite »

When newleecher crashes it sometimes wipes out the queue. What would be nice is to have the program save every 30mins the queue to another file that can be imported into the program. I konw it automatically save the main file but if the program fails to close properly it loses the whole thing.. It has happened to me many a time.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

The Automatic Data Backup checkbox in the Options>Advanced screen should backup the download queue and the downloaded articles cache every minute.

As you mentioned, they can still become corrupted. It has been requested that Newsleecher rotate the files it saves to so if it does crash and corrupted a file, you can restore the previous one. Who knows when this will be added though.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

elite

Post by elite »

Smudge wrote:As you mentioned, they can still become corrupted. It has been requested that Newsleecher rotate the files it saves to so if it does crash and corrupted a file, you can restore the previous one. Who knows when this will be added though.
Yes I have it already setup with the auto back-up option but I think using different files would be really really good