Header Compression (not giganews related)

If you got suggestions for new features or feature changes in NewsLeecher, go ahead and let santa know.
Lebowski

Post by Lebowski »

Astra is $12/month unlimited if you click the banner from nzbmatrix. And headers are better than nzb sites and supersearch because you see everything posted to that group, not just what nzbs someone uploaded to a site(which could leave stuff out) and not know what you are looking for to search for it. How about a SuperBrowse tab that indexes a group instead of downloading headers?

tommo123

Post by tommo123 »

is there a program we can install that will do a similar job of GA but for astraweb?

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Nope but a future version of NewsLeecher will attempt to download compressed headers before regular headers so you won't need to use an external accelerator program. This includes Giganews, Astraweb, Newshosting, and I'm sure many others.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

tommo123

Post by tommo123 »

ta smudge.

any kind of eta on it though? i mean by end of this year, 1st quarter next year etc?

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

very soon.
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

tommo123

Post by tommo123 »

tis there now - slightly buggy but there :D

yay, just re-ordered

abc

Post by abc »

B-Fix wrote:
zrubavel wrote:Yes, I am willing to share this piece of software, but I want people to check it out first, so if anyone is interested, please PM me here.
I've just installed the proxy. It really works! I get a download rate of 2-4 mBYTES/sec. on my 4096/512 dsl line.

say can I try it out too??

ZaruenMakai

Send it to me please.

Post by ZaruenMakai »

i just made the jump to astraweb and i would like to get headers faster.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Upgrade to the NewsLeecher 4.0 beta and it will download the headers in compressed format.

ZaruenMakai

Post by ZaruenMakai »

i am using newsleecher 4.0 beta 15 revision 2

but its still not as fsat as it was with giganews accelerator , only xyz compression is i think.. oh well, worst case , one sever could be used for header downloading, and the other one , article downloading

if that guy has the proxy program , id love to give it a try.l

thenormal

Post by thenormal »

i'm using giganews but astraweb's offer is tempting me.... the only thing that keeps me away from it (yet) is that i'm not sure about this newsleecher's compressed-headers functionality with astraweb.... I use the giganews accelerator and it works great, i can download millions of headers in a matter of seconds.

So how are newsleecher's latest betas performing with astraweb's servers when it comes to compressed headers?

ZaruenMakai

Post by ZaruenMakai »

astraweb only works with headers compressed in xyz format which newsleecher does not yet support.

so the bail is there is a way to make it work , but only few know how. I wish I knew