Linux port

If you got suggestions for new features or feature changes in NewsLeecher, go ahead and let santa know.
Jed

Linux port

Post by Jed » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:21 am

For years I've been saying that when I got a new computer it was going to run Linux. Well, I finally got a new machine and I've put Windows in its proper place which is running in a window in VirtualBox running under Linux. Newleecher is one of the main reasons that I still want to run Windows at all and it's running very nicely. If I have to wait for version 7 for a Linux port I may die of old age first. What software is being used to develop Newsleecher?

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:02 pm

Yea, ports aren't going to happen for a while. I would recommend you read this thread about getting NewsLeecher to run using the WINE emulator.
Last edited by Smudge on Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Whiney_Lil_Biatches_Suck

Post by Whiney_Lil_Biatches_Suck » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:21 am

I don't think you will have to wait for Version 7, I suspect it will show up somewhere around Version 6, Beta 4,924,142.998 which is about how many beta's Version 4 is up to as of this writing...
█████████████████████████████████████████

It's official: Supersearch is down until further notice. :-({|=

█████████████████████████████████████████