in the articles tab, please do not update the filter as we type it

If you got suggestions for new features or feature changes in NewsLeecher, go ahead and let santa know.
elgwahpo

in the articles tab, please do not update the filter as we type it

Post by elgwahpo »

Wow, trying to use the articles tab is also frustrating because filtering articles ends up being PAINFULLY slow.
This is because the filter is being updated as we type text in to the filter field.

Please change this or provide the option to change this so that filtering is not applied until we finish typing and either click on a button or hit enter.

EDIT
Let me clarify one point.
The main reason I've found to use the articles tab is when I want to check for things I cannot reliably find via supersearch because it reports that too many results are found.
So this means any time it is necessary to use the articles tab, it means there are going to be a huge number of articles to filter. So the live/as you type filter has to keep being applied to a large number of subjects.
It might be faster if there were a 64bit build so more data could be loaded in to RAM as well. That's assuming that windows memory management will really allow that.