New/Old, Bookmarks, 430

If you got suggestions for new features or feature changes in NewsLeecher, go ahead and let santa know.

Would these features be useful to you?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 1

Quaraxkad

New/Old, Bookmarks, 430

Post by Quaraxkad »

I would like the ability to mark articles in SuperSearch results as Old, like you can do for the Articles tab. I use bookmarks for things that I commonly search for, and it is a good way of keeping track of new posts. Not having the ability to manually mark an item as Old means that every time I re-run a search from a bookmark, after I view the New items that are highlighted in green, I then have to run the search *again* a second time just so that those articles I've already seen are marked as Old. Essentially doubling the load I put on the SS server. I know that I could just leave it alone until the next time I check for new posts, but then when I view the results without searching, I'm never certain if those green items are really new or if I have already seen and reviewed them.

Also, when NewsLeecher doesn't shut down properly (crash, power outage, etc), all of the saved bookmarks are reverted back to the last proper shutdown. Can this be changed to save automatically while running instead of only on shutdown? I've had this issue on more than one occasion where I spent quite a bit of time creating bookmarks, organizing them into folders, tweaking their search strings to ensure I get the most valid results, etc, I leave NL open to download and Windows freezes/power goes out days or weeks later, so all of the newly created bookmarks are gone. Saved search results and history are also only saved on clean shutdown, but I'm most concerned with not losing the actual bookmarks and their folder organizations.

And the last thing... Please add an option to completely disable all of the 430 warning/error/notice messages. I don't mind it in the log, but I don't want it blocking the top half of the log screen, and I don't want it blocking the Description column of my "connections" progress bar window. I know how Usenet works, I understand DMCA, and I know about SuperLeech...
Last edited by Quaraxkad on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quaraxkad

Re: New/Old, Bookmarks, 430

Post by Quaraxkad »

Added a poll to the original post... Anybody else want these features?