Allow multiple column sort/search within SuperSearch

If you got suggestions for new features or feature changes in NewsLeecher, go ahead and let santa know.
jharris1993

Allow multiple column sort/search within SuperSearch

Post by jharris1993 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:28 pm

Greetings!

Ref: Please see related article (http://www.newsleecher.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=26898) on allowing sorting by attachments, which should be considered a part of this request as well.

At the present time, (AFAIK), SuperSearch allows search results to be sorted by a specified column, (i.e. size, subject, etc.)

Issue:
The desired result may be the result of multiple factors. For example, (using the suggestion within my prior posting), I may wish to sort by attachment first, then by subject, then by age, (etc.)

The present behavior allows sorting using only one factor, the others being seemingly randomly distributed.

Likewise, allowing multiple factor searching within SuperSearch would reduce the number of "noise" items returned, helping the user quickly find what he is searching for. (i.e. Please return results that contain specific keywords, AND have attachments, and/or are larger/smaller than size"x"), Since SuperSearch is, in essence, a database query, this should be easily done.

Thank you for an excellent product.

Jim (JR)
Some see things as they are, and ask "Why?"
I dream things that never were, and ask "Why Not".

Robert F. Kennedy

“Impossible” is only found in the dictionary of a fool.
Old Chinese Proverb