To-Do List

If you got suggestions for new features or feature changes in NewsLeecher, go ahead and let santa know.
dgburns

Post by dgburns »

Red Dwarf wrote:Well, in my opinion it is a bug. So I don't think this is the place to add it.
That's cool. Regardless of where listed, I just wish the damn thing would get fixed. VERY annoying, and if Connect-On-Demand is enabled, seeking articles from servers I >KNOW< won't have them drags the entire pc down to a crawl.

Quaraxkad

Re: To-Do List

Post by Quaraxkad »

Spiril wrote: * Crosspost detective. Find out which groups specific articles have been crossposted to.
I can't fathom that I'm the only one who desperately needs this feature... Assuming it will be able to mark crossposted articles as read in all groups when you mark them in any other group, you won't have to browse through the same posts over and over again in each subscribed group! I've been waiting for a client that does this for a long time, and even suggested it to the developers of other news clients before switching to NewsLeecher. I can't express how infinitely useful this is, and I hope it's added soon.

stony

Post by stony »

Quaraxkad wrote:"Crosspost detective. Find out which groups specific articles have been crossposted to."

... desperately needs this feature ... I can't express how infinitely useful this is
There is a NZB search site BinIndex - www.binindex.net - that will list all the groups containing cross-posted articles. :)

Quaraxkad

Post by Quaraxkad »

stony wrote:There is a NZB search site BinIndex - www.binindex.net - that will list all the groups containing cross-posted articles. :)
Thanks for the link, but I don't think that solves my problem. I really don't care what groups they have been crossposted to, I just want NewsLeecher to mark them all as read in all groups (instead of only the currently active group) so they don't show up a second time while browsing unread articles in another group.

dgburns

Post by dgburns »

Quaraxkad wrote:I can't fathom that I'm the only one who desperately needs this feature...
You're not the only one...this would be AWESOME.

kitgerrits

REQ: attachment size

Post by kitgerrits »

Maybe I missed this in a SuperSearch guide, but I would like to be able to specify size limits within the search.
(even some pre-set sizes like >1MB, 1-10MB, 10-100MB would be nice)

I could sort-on-size after a SuperSearch, but I would prefer to simply filter the files I want.
(Try searching for #mvidcentral, you'll see what I mean)

Legion303

Post by Legion303 »

One thing that I've been wishing NL had lately is an exclusion filter for various screens...so for instance, I can search for a band and put "dvd" in the exclude filter, which would cut out DVDs from the band while still showing mp3s and rar files.

-steve

kitgerrits

But it already has an exclusion filter

Post by kitgerrits »

If you mean an exclusion filter in the search box, it's already there!
If you simply search for "jack jones -dvd", it will list everything for Jack Jones, excluding anything that has DVD in it.

I didn't know it at first, either and told myself I would buy NL if it did.
So, now I'm a proud licensed user!

The hard part is actually building a search string that will dig up useful information, without the crud.

Searching for recent DVD releases is not mearly "dvd -dvdrip", but closer to:
dvd -dvdrip -1x -2x -season -german -french -spanish....and so on for about 25 search rerms. (with which, you can browse back for about 7 days, without hitting the answer-limit)

Each time a new TV series is released on DVD, it's time to re-edit the search string.

elite

Post by elite »

isn't it about time to try out implementing a posting componet of newleecher - similar to powerpost. Now that the downloadings stuff is all pretty good

Satania

Post by Satania »

The button "subject include" would be nice. I miss it in the newer versions.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

See the Quick Search box just above the Subject Exclude box? That is Subject Include that you are looking for.

It was moved there since most people that use the filters are only using the Subject Include box so it was moved to the main bar. Only enable the other filter bars if you wish to do more advanced filtering.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

elite

Post by elite »

Spiril wrote:<pre>----------------------------------------------------------------
NewsLeecher To-Do List
* Posting system with yEnc/uuEncode compliant binary support.

</pre>
Is there any word yet on when posting is going to be implemented?

I personally think newsleecher has come to a stage whereby it has more than enough features and gimicks to assists in download but now we need to move onto to uploading....

That is the other half of usenets.... especially since there is only one program that everyone uses for uploading - powerpost. If newsleecher is able to do uploading, that will bring in more and more people changing from the other usenet prgrams..... just to have the ability of uploading...

doppler

Post by doppler »

Quaraxkad wrote:
Spiril wrote: * Crosspost detective. Find out which groups specific articles have been crossposted to.
I can't fathom that I'm the only one who desperately needs this feature... Assuming it will be able to mark crossposted articles as read in all groups when you mark them in any other group, you won't have to browse through the same posts over and over again in each subscribed group! I've been waiting for a client that does this for a long time, and even suggested it to the developers of other news clients before switching to NewsLeecher. I can't express how infinitely useful this is, and I hope it's added soon.
Agree, crosspost detective would be very useful.

tike39

Post by tike39 »

Turn off the port notification. (when entering the edit mode ofe servers)

Justin Buser

So what?

Post by Justin Buser »

techfuzz wrote:
AssassiN wrote:
* Preserve downloaded article parts between restarts.
Yeah, I was just about to buy NewsLeecher when I had 1 day left from the trial and then suddenly all the headers disappeared. I'm just looking forward to seeing this bug fixed! Then I can order NewsLeecher. Thnkz
What you've described and what you've quoted are two different issues.

techfuzz
That may be, but I think he's just bringing up another issue to add to the other persons original comment. I too have this problem, I have all my 'Adv Nerdy Tweaks' set correctly but sometimes I download hundreds of thousands of headers and close the program then open it up again and they are all gone. Why is this?