Total Download Size

If you got suggestions for new features or feature changes in NewsLeecher, go ahead and let santa know.
Massive

Total Download Size

Post by Massive » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:14 pm

There is still something there is missing, which always confused me: why isn't it there ?

You know which articles you are gonna download You also know, how big those articles are. Would it be possible to "preview" the total download size when you select a couple of downloads, as well as a total downloading size in the download Queue tab?

Massive

Smudge
Site Admin

Re: Total Download Size

Post by Smudge » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:22 pm

Massive wrote:There is still something there is missing, which always confused me: why isn't it there ?
Huh? Woah dude.... that's deep
Massive wrote:You know which articles you are gonna download You also know, how big those articles are. Would it be possible to "preview" the total download size when you select a couple of downloads, as well as a total downloading size in the download Queue tab?
To show the total size of the files selected (and more details of the queue) right click in the queue listing and select Queue Info from the contextual menu. It lists
Total entries and size
Total selected entries and size
Total paused entries and size
Estimated download time for unpaused entries

The download queue tab shows the size of your total download queue and the size of the unpaused downloads still to be downloaded. It is the very first header line under all the tabs when the Download Queue tab is selected.

Destroyer

Post by Destroyer » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:17 pm

I think he means before you actually start leeching them, I sometimes could do with that feature :)

Red Dwarf
Forum Moderator

Post by Red Dwarf » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:25 pm

Me1432 wrote:I think he means before you actually start leeching them, I sometimes could do with that feature :)
Well you can queue them paused and check them out in the download queue, before actually leeching them
Grtz RD

If I had a really good tagline, I would put it here.

Lips
Forum Moderator

Re: Total Download Size

Post by Lips » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:00 pm

Massive wrote:Would it be possible to "preview" the total download size when you select a couple of downloads, as well as a total downloading size in the download Queue tab?
Me1432 wrote:I think he means before you actually start leeching them, I sometimes could do with that feature :)
AFA selecting overviews in the Active Group window, the quantity is shown in the title bar of the window. Maybe the total selected size can be added there as well, right next to the number of overviews selected.

--
Lips

Destroyer

Post by Destroyer » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:09 pm

Red Dwarf wrote:
Well you can queue them paused and check them out in the download queue, before actually leeching them
True, just my pc can take quite a while to move files into the download folder so i never bother, and even longer on super search