usenetjunkie service

If you got suggestions for new features or feature changes in NewsLeecher, go ahead and let santa know.
zertox

usenetjunkie service

Post by zertox »

support for the usenetjunkie service ???

http://www.usenetjunkie.com/

daphatty
Forum Moderator

Post by daphatty »

After reading the FAQ on UNJ, I found that they provide NZB files. NL already supports NZB files and has done so for a while.

salami
Forum Moderator

Post by salami »

actually the main advantage is their proprietary header cache. they index all the files of all the groups on their server. with their client you can search files from ALL groups, much faster than with XPAT.

it is a nice addition to every client and surely much better than XPAT. however it causes them heavy costs and it is only a question of time until they start to charge for the server (ok ok, they always claim they never even spoke about this matter... suuure, bandwith and server hadware is so cheap, why not give it away for free ;-).

their client is very basic and does not provide normal header pulling. importing NZB files to their client is just a nice addition.

so i would rather stick with newzbin's file search and their NZB file import which gives you about the same advantages, and it is already implemented.

zertox

Post by zertox »

you got me wrong ...
they provide a service wich a client like newsleecher can access
123newz has already implemented it

http://www.usenetjunkie.com/unjk.rar

that are the specs

schekker

Post by schekker »

I agree, ftpd also has the usenetjunkie search incorporated. It beats any other method of finding your files to leech. Luckily for you ftpd is still too buggy to really use, but once it becomes stable .... my current favorite program will already have incorported it, yes? :wink:

Intruder

Post by Intruder »

Problem with usenetjunkie search is, that the search doesn't search the headers of your news server provider. Meaning that usenetjunkie will find complete/incomplete files while there incomplete/complete on your server. Which makes certain downloads a complete waste of bandwidth.

elite

Post by elite »

Intruder wrote:Problem with usenetjunkie search is, that the search doesn't search the headers of your news server provider. Meaning that usenetjunkie will find complete/incomplete files while there incomplete/complete on your server. Which makes certain downloads a complete waste of bandwidth.
I am not so sure about that - why then would it require your access (username/password) to your usenet company?

It must be searching for it on their server as well?

and it sure beats paying for www.newzbin.com - even if it only 50cents a week :-)

BillyBoo

Post by BillyBoo »

I think newzbin services are excellent saves me a lot of time.

One feature that is almost programmed in but not complete is a mini browser. Like your file manager..I can see the files download , would like to see a mini broswer so that I can stay connected to www.newzbin.com and click over of to file manager within newsleecher. Never haveing to leave newsleecher sounds pretty exciting to me. Also a mini text and picture windows to view text files and the .jpg files. Would be a nice add-on.

Thanks ...Getting ready to purchace a newleecher license once all the bugs have gone.

Tvrepairman out!

Gompie99

Post by Gompie99 »

daphatty wrote:After reading the FAQ on UNJ, I found that they provide NZB files. NL already supports NZB files and has done so for a while.
Yes, but they still donn't work

elite

Post by elite »

Gompie99 wrote:
daphatty wrote:After reading the FAQ on UNJ, I found that they provide NZB files. NL already supports NZB files and has done so for a while.
Yes, but they still donn't work

They do work - just highlight the files and choose Export NZB - and i now use that function alot. :) :D

elite

Post by elite »

you can scrap that idea - they are now charging users $2 amonth or $20 a year.

Change

Post by Change »

Unless NewsLeecher can make a deal with UNJ to get 50% of the monthly/yearly subscription price ;)