Recent history dropdown list for regularly-used download folders

If you got suggestions for new features or feature changes in NewsLeecher, go ahead and let santa know.
Andre

Recent history dropdown list for regularly-used download folders

Post by Andre » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:19 am

I normally select files for downloading using Control+Y and then specify the folder that I want to store these particular files in. I guess I have about seven or eight folders that I regularly use - e.g. Video, Audio, TV and some subfolders for common recurring postings. Nothing directly related to newsgroup or articles names, but folder names of my own choosing.

As these folders are located in different places on my system (some on different HDs for Audio and Video material, for example) it would be very useful if the Control+Y dialog box had a simple little "recent history" dropdown list that would let me reselect from the most recent 10 download paths that I've used.

There, how's that for a nice simple request that shouldn't take a lot of programming time? :-)

Many thanks,

Andre

Lips
Forum Moderator

Re: Recent history dropdown list for regularly-used download folders

Post by Lips » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:49 pm

Andre wrote:Iit would be very useful if the Control+Y dialog box had a simple little "recent history" dropdown list that would let me reselect from the most recent 10 download paths that I've used.

There, how's that for a nice simple request that shouldn't take a lot of programming time? :-)
This is something that I would find very useful. I can see the dropdown for both of the Leech Specify fields.

--
Lips

fifty_rocks

Post by fifty_rocks » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:47 pm

Good suggestion!!

Andre

Post by Andre » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:19 pm

Just bumping this back up to the top as it doesn't seem to have made it onto the feature list as yet - hopefully it could be in a forthcoming beta release soon?

Just a little pop-up (or drop-down) history list of the last ten paths used in the Leech Specify dialog box would be very useful indeed please. Should be a doddle to program, too. It would make NL a lot easier to use for me.

Many Thanks!!

Andre