3.9 Beta 1 with Repair'n'Extract

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
hurri

Post by hurri »

Hallo...

1 Can you make it possible to have to download only the main par2 file and that newsleecher is automatic download the extra vol000+001.par2 etc etc etc if needed.

or 1a
like a nzb but then you download a .par2 file (main file) and that newsleecher download the files of the movie or games or wathever and then automatic the needed extra par 2 files.

and it would be nice when it is reparing that you can see the time it has to remain for it.

Fine program, thanks for it..

Greetings Hurri

pven

Post by pven »

First of all: I love RnE !!!

I am used to AutoUnpack and I miss some nice, for me, features:
- is it possible to extract to a sub-folder named to the group where the articles were downloaded?
- is it possible to cleanup empty folders in the source-directory after RnE-ing?

Keep up the good work!

p1nky

Post by p1nky »

grimlock72 wrote:
Tiggzz wrote:As mentioned by p1inky, can the extracted folder name be produced from the scource folder name, and not the archive / par name.

This is real important when the files are a downloaded movie, and have video_ts.part01.rar as the name!!!

OK when extracing in hte source, but not when extracing to a specified destination.
That's almost programming the same functionality twice. Just make sure you download to the directory you want the files to end up in. RnE can then do it's job and simply extract to source dir. Much easier :)

It probably helps that I have one BIG disk to do all the news work on, so no need to split download and extraction.

(ah quick check if the extract-target-dir already exists couldn't hurt, esp. not if files in there would be overwritten).
not acceptable, unraring to the same disk is ~10000000000x slower than unraring to a different HD. and i don't want my PC uselessly hogged with unraring to the same disc when the extracted files will have to be moved to another disc afterwards anyway.

also I have a NEW IDEA:

*** what would also be great is if you could decide where the stuff gets unrared to or whether it should get unrared at all.
the best step to enter this info would be when adding the download IMHO

in my vision i see this: in options i can define "rules" for different downloads, eg for "pictures": just verify and move, for "pc games": just verify and move, for "console games": verify, extract to "e:\console" and delete rar/par set (move nfo & jpgs that come with it too, NO MATTER whether included in par2 set or not), for "movies": verify, extract to "f:\movies" and delete rar/par set (move nfo & jpgs that come with it too, NO MATTER whether included in par2 set or not)

then when adding a download with CTRL-Y I enter the "release" name and choose "RnE strategy" eg if it's a movie I enter movie name "my cool movie" and in a drop down box below i select that it is to be processed as "movie" (ie it should be "verify, extract to "f:\movies" and delete rar/par set (move nfo & jpgs that come with it too, NO MATTER whether included in par2 set or not)" as defined in the options for the "movies RnE strategy")

Hecks

Post by Hecks »

RnE Rules - that's a nice idea.

-Hecks

padz

Unable to handle missnamed PAR2 Files

Post by padz »

I just downloaded something for testing purposes and it seems that the new feature ( Repair & Extract ) is unable to handle missnamed Files.

I fired up Quickpar, it said on every single file "missnamed", it fixed it and then Quickpar said "Repair not needed" - I then let Newsleecher test it and this time it verified it and extracted it.

I have no idea why and how one would missname/misspell filenames associated with a PAR2 file, but it obviously does happen.

In case you want to reproduce it, do a search for:
charlie chan - 1938 - in honolulu(german - avi)

thenormal

3.9 beta 1 request.

Post by thenormal »

it would be great if coders could add this option to the new RnE feature:

The possibility to put all .par2 BASE files on top of the download queue

jibo

Post by jibo »

Question for the mods:

Will the list also be updated? I mean this time with updating that the list will be updated with: fixed, inplemented, or trashed

Thnx!

grimlock72

Re: 3.9 beta 1 request.

Post by grimlock72 »

thenormal wrote:it would be great if coders could add this option to the new RnE feature:

The possibility to put all .par2 BASE files on top of the download queue
Menu Options -> PAR2 files -> Move Empty par2 to top of queue

Check the above mentioned option and you're done ;-)

Creatof

Post by Creatof »

What is the funtion of the option 'Monitor'? I enabled/disabled this option a few times, but didn't see any differences.

Also, during the downloading of a dvd NL checked each file and said all files -except 1- where healthy. NL downloaded the right number of blocks and started to repair, but before NL repaired the missing file it checked all other files again... not really efficient i guess :)

- Option to delete unnessecary par2-files from the queue after repairing would be very nice

This is the 1st beta-version of 3.9, but it looks pretty good to me.. this is the best feature since Supersearch!

grimlock72

Post by grimlock72 »

From viewtopic.php?p=63375#63375 .

NL shouldn't enter RnE for a set when files of that set are queued for download (not-paused).

hsieg

Potential problem with par2 file removal

Post by hsieg »

Just tried this new RnE feature and it seems right. Tested it with one download, and everything worked just fine. However, I then started 3 downloads at the same time and, when the first one completed (all files properly extracted), the other par2 files for my other two downloads were removed. Result: the other two downloads did not know anymore which files to look for and went to the "missing" state. Had to recover the par2 files from the recycle bin to restore the other two jobs...

Not sure if this happens all times, i.e.: if newsleecher always removes all .par2 files it finds in the download directory when completing one download, or if this was due to the fact that my first download had a par2 file names ".par2", i.e.: only had the extension without real file name... Thanks.

Red Dwarf
Forum Moderator

Re: Potential problem with par2 file removal

Post by Red Dwarf »

hsieg wrote:Just tried this new RnE feature and it seems right. Tested it with one download, and everything worked just fine. However, I then started 3 downloads at the same time and, when the first one completed (all files properly extracted), the other par2 files for my other two downloads were removed. Result: the other two downloads did not know anymore which files to look for and went to the "missing" state. Had to recover the par2 files from the recycle bin to restore the other two jobs...

Not sure if this happens all times, i.e.: if newsleecher always removes all .par2 files it finds in the download directory when completing one download, or if this was due to the fact that my first download had a par2 file names ".par2", i.e.: only had the extension without real file name... Thanks.
You have extract after verify and repair enabled, and also remove rars and pars after extraction is complete?

Then I think that might be the problem. I guess the complete folder is emptied regardless of the downloads which also go to that specific folder.
Grtz RD

If I had a really good tagline, I would put it here.

hsieg

Re: Potential problem with par2 file removal

Post by hsieg »

Red Dwarf wrote:
hsieg wrote:Just tried this new RnE feature and it seems right. Tested it with one download, and everything worked just fine. However, I then started 3 downloads at the same time and, when the first one completed (all files properly extracted), the other par2 files for my other two downloads were removed. Result: the other two downloads did not know anymore which files to look for and went to the "missing" state. Had to recover the par2 files from the recycle bin to restore the other two jobs...

You have extract after verify and repair enabled, and also remove rars and pars after extraction is complete?

Then I think that might be the problem. I guess the complete folder is emptied regardless of the downloads which also go to that specific folder.
Actually, only the par2 files for other downloads were removed from my download directory, not the already downloaded rar files. I only had to restore the xxx.par2 files to get the RnE rolling again on my leftover downloads...

mudone11

option: automatically removal of files in queu afer succesfol repair

Post by mudone11 »

I would like to have an option to let nl. automatically remove the files in queu afer succesfol repair of an rar-set.

Cheers Mudone
Be yourself, there are enough other people!

stroke33

Post by stroke33 »

I did a try out, works perfect so far, and I am leaving it this way thanks for this new function it take's a load of work out of my hands,first downloading than parring and unrarring and throwing the par and rar file's in the bin, this function make's it all at one's with out me doing any thing =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :-({|= :-({|=