3.9 Beta 1 with Repair'n'Extract

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
SDSpivey

Post by SDSpivey » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:05 am

There is nothing wrong with the "missing" files, most of the time. It is simply that NL doesn't "see" them.

It never starts the extraction, as soon as the last file is verified, suddenly a (random?) file is red tagged when it was all right a moment before.

Hecks

Post by Hecks » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:22 am

SDSpivey wrote:There is nothing wrong with the "missing" files, most of the time. It is simply that NL doesn't "see" them.

It never starts the extraction, as soon as the last file is verified, suddenly a (random?) file is red tagged when it was all right a moment before.
Any information in the log that could help work out what's going on here?

-Hecks

d4v3

Post by d4v3 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:27 pm

Hi there,

just installed Newsleecher under Windows Vista X64.
Everything seems to work fine, except the extract function.
Verifying works but no extraction.
Seems like Newsleecher tries to extract but it stucks @ 0% :(
Already disabled UAC but still not working.
Any ideas?
I hope it's my fault and not a bug! ;)

juzz

Re: 3.9 Beta 1 with Repair'n'Extract

Post by juzz » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:08 am

SDSpivey wrote:What about files that are downloaded, but RNE shows them as missing, even if they are verified as healthy and are still in the directory along side the rest of the files. NL will show the file as downloaded in the Articles Tab and in SuperSearch.
I think its because NL doesnt refresh the list correctly. So if its verifying other files list doesnt get updated.

Its annoying when u leech @ 24 mbit/s it always shows last few files missing and starts to dl pars even if they really aren't needed. then if u pause the dl after 10-30s it autoscans folder and sees the missing files that were there all the time.

Develobers should make it so it once scans the folder to see if missing files are there before it starts to leech the pars.

caphex

Extracting without .par2 files

Post by caphex » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:15 pm

When I download files and there are no par2 files added.. I can't use repair 'n extract. Is this something that will be added later on or wil this option be never added to repair 'n extract?

Becouse now I have to sepperately extract downloads that don't have par2 files posted with them..

thanx..

techfuzz
Forum Moderator

Post by techfuzz » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:04 pm

caphex, it will probably be added later. The vast majority of files posted these days include par files so Spiril tried to knock out the hardest and most common scenario first.

techfuzz

Erikro

Post by Erikro » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:14 pm

Repair and extract don't allways work. They come in a loop when the added files are cbr mpg, avi, ts, mpeg, pdf, etc.

If you add a par2 file, it gave some strange kind of errors in the log file, it tries to initialyse 20 times a second but nothing gets repaired or extracted.

RaE only works good when the added files beside par2 files are rar files, in all other cases a loop / deadlock is the result.

See for more specific info this topic.
viewtopic.php?t=13345

I wonder what happens if i dload a dvd (rars) and there is also a jpg and sfv file added, will it then also enter a loop of no return :-)

ps it would be nice if this good be fixed soon becuase it renders NL useless when entering al loop.

Hecks

Post by Hecks » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:52 am

deleted

wolf5

Post by wolf5 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:21 am

REQUEST;

Option to let Repair'n'Extract to be the "master queue" and pick files according to its queue.
That makes it so incredibly much easier to change whats going to be downloaded first.
For 10 downloads thats 10 entries to move up and down instead of selecting XX entries in the queue and moving them.

Myg

Sorry, but i don't like this newsleecher function

Post by Myg » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 pm

First,

I have in explorer tab, some par2 files and 001, 002, ..., rar.

I activate the new tab "Repair and extract" after searching the famous Drop menu on the right of tabs.... (i have a big 16/10e screen, and the very small menu was in the very right side...)

But... after ??????? if i wan to extract automatically the .par2 file???

If i double clic, then quickpar runs...

If i drag and drop, no action is allowed on the tab Repair n' extract...

so....

newsleecher is very unconfortable for me, a lot of buttons every where with apparence too identical between 2 buttons...
a lot of bugs in using... but my poor english can not explain the bug to this people.

Nobody says here the different bug i meet by using NL since 2 years...
so, i am going to desinstall Newsleecher 3.9 beta2 and use 3.8 because R'n Extract is not very release in this state.

Sorry, but Quickpar is better and easier to use... no button to activate and not a lot of options to use it...

-----

After some try, now, NL is working fine, after restart et download some others files. It seems ok now.