3.9b2 stuff

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
enderw

3.9b2 stuff

Post by enderw »

Well, a few bug fixes, but the new search feature that was implemented is the pits. While it follows the same principle as the SS, it just makes things so much more complicated and time consuming when i want to search for something more than 50k in size but less than 5mb ... now i have to spend time typing! Honestly i rather have the drop down boxes in the SS instead of the way it is. I do not know why it was changed for the article tab :((

Primarily for some warez groups that have a lot of spam, it is so much simpler to leave the boxes populated and just open up number search and have it auto fill. Quicker to type in numbers than have to manually type things in. Now i have to type in the text string I want then put the minday or maxday or minsize etc... and if i want a new search, i have to do that much typing all over again. What a PITA! Not to mention the history is now going to be filled with useless crap all the time based on my searches.

2nd.....

is there ever going to be support for split (non rar) files? This is something that is very important to me. 90% of my downloads are this way. I realize it will be difficult to implement because now and then rar archives will have the .001 .002 naming structure

nogginthenog

Post by nogginthenog »

I couldn't agree more! When checking binary groups I used to set the minimum size to 1000 or so, but now I have to enter "minKB:1000" in the search box. What a pain!

p0W3Rh0u5e

Post by p0W3Rh0u5e »

Yeah, its a pain to type stuff like minDays:XX instead of just typing the number into a box. I was always hoping to get those additional search-filter boxes for supersearch and the queue too, but no, now they're gone even for the article-tab.

Removing "Subject Excklude" and is ok, because it makes more sense with "-" and you can do more powerful search-strings with "or", the two poster boxes could be made into one, because you can use "-", but removing the min/max-boxes is just to much.

BTW, why not making Bookmarks available for the queue- and article-view too? I would like to see them really editable under options too (like the filters).

BTW2, why not making those hardly implemented "smart"-leech-strings like ".nfo" or ".par" editable? (RegExp would be nice to have here too).
It's really not smart to have things like "Blabla.Partition.Tool.READ.NFO-CRAP" translated into "Blabla.tition.Tool.READ-CRAP". ;)

p0W3Rh0u5e

Post by p0W3Rh0u5e »

I forgot something...

When i typed something into the article-views search-filter, nl filters correctly with this search-string, but when i select something to leech and mark those articles as old, the search will be reset, nl shows everything now (the search-string is still showed in the box).

I've downgraded to 3.9b1...

Koogle

Post by Koogle »

silly numptiiieeesss .. what on earth are they playing at!!!!

I too wanted the same Advanced filter toolbars you could turn on/off in the article view implemting into SS.. I don't mind if the command line stuff allows more control, keep that in, but don't take something out that people find easier to use!!! I didn't pay for a product to find the good things getting taken out..

anyway I'll stick with 3.9b1, most of the updates to 3.9b2 are rubbish, didn't think much of the 'lack' of improvements.. That RnE thread is bursting full of useful suggestions and look what we got, weeks/ MONTHS after waiting for another update.. not much ....what happened to the developer? did he hand this project to a friggin noob or what?

slidejet

Post by slidejet »

Ditto to this. The previous filtering system, especially the size filters, is much easier to use. I've had to use it several times recently because of sporge. I miss it already.

scumbag

Post by scumbag »

Yeah, having that minimum size box missing now really sucks.
PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

elite

Post by elite »

pOWeRhOuSe wrote:Yeah, its a pain to type stuff like minDays:XX instead of just typing the number into a box. I was always hoping to get those additional search-filter boxes for supersearch and the queue too, but no, now they're gone even for the article-tab.
I quite agree with you. I was really hoping that we would see those boxes in the SS. They made my life so easy with the queue.....

Please consider bringing them back in - possibly think of implement both systems if there are people who like to type in all the stuff. :(

Hahaiah

Post by Hahaiah »

Yes, please give the option for search filters ...

You had a good thing there ....