out of memory beta 6

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Jatilq

out of memory beta 6

Post by Jatilq »

duo core 1.87
500gig hd
vista home
2gig ram

I get unending popup boxes that say out of memory

I am using 2gig sd drive for speedboost.

boxes do not vanish when pressed.

windym33

out of memory 3.9 beta 6

Post by windym33 »

me too :x

captenblack

Post by captenblack »

Upgraded to beta 6 from beta 2.

Downloading overnight, woke up to find the following:

Computer was pretty locked up, but I was able to ctrl-alt-del and noticed this:

Hope this helps.

Some system stats:

2gb RAM
Windows XP Pro SP2
Ahlon 64 4000+

Download "speed limit" set at 25%.
Last edited by captenblack on Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

This problem is known to happen. Spiril and the others haven't found out why this occurs, but it seems to happen when RnE is extracting a dvd image, but we haven't been able to reproduce it every time. I got the same error while I have 3 GB of RAM.
Fill in your bugs so NL will get better.

captenblack

Post by captenblack »

Is this known to happen in previous recent betas as well?

My crash above was during the download process, but perhaps it was verifying PAR files at the same time.

I was on Beta 2 before and it was pretty decent (not perfect), but it never crashed on me. The only issue I had with Beta 2 was the occasional disabling of Repair'n'Extract (but i'm not a power user so I'm sure others experience more problems).

captenblack

Post by captenblack »

Something else weird just happened.

I restarted Newslecher after my crash (above) and the queue started from when it crashed. It finished downloading fine, verified the files, then extracted. I then closed NewsLeecher and started it again and Repair'n'Extract started extracting the archive automatically again. When it finished there was an error, it reported that it was unable to extract the archive and deleted the previously extracted file.

Not sure if this is related to the out of memory error.

Jatilq

Post by Jatilq »

I have not downloaded a dvd image in some time. I was downloading a 400mb file each time.

It has only happened with this version. I would go back to the previous, but i would have to fiddle with the license issue.

I hope a new version is coming out soon. As always thank you for the hard work.

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

As far as I know, downgrading while you entered a new licence key isn't a problem (I used 3.9 beta and 3.7 final in Linux, Wine and no problems).

As for the memory error, if you let NL stay as it is, the error will go away after a while. It can take some time though, but I didn't have to kill the NL process. After NL was done with everything, I was able to close every error message. Some things didn't work, but I'm sure that closing NL on first try would have worked. You can always kill the process afterwards.

I was doing something else then extracting a dvd image. Here is a picture of my problem:
Things I was doing while this occurred:
Listening to an internet radio station with Winamp.
Had Opera open with the default tabs, no problem there, doesn't take more memory or other stuff than it already uses.
Had an Excel document open, doing nothing with it atm.
Just finished watching an episode.
Repairing a split file of 1,37 GB, almost done (about 15 seconds left or so, not much).
Creating a new DVD compilation with Nero.
Dragged a folder from explorer to Nero to add to the compilation. That's when I got the error. Right at the moment I dragged the folder to add to Nero went over the taskbar item of Nero. My speakers went crazy with the error sound.

Only thing I had to do was download the last downloaded file again. I wasn't able to close NL using the usual way of File > Close or the X in the corner.

This is a selective crosspost from the Alpha Test forum.
Fill in your bugs so NL will get better.

Knopie88

Post by Knopie88 »

I have installed the beta 6 version this morning.
I have a lot of files in my queue and was just downloading to get a dvd complete. No dvd was repairing or extracting with "Repair and extract".
I was watching a divx with mplayer and suddenly tray balloon pops up and tells me that I'm out of memory and that my virtual memory will be expanded???
Could not close Newsleecher the normal way because of the many "out of memory" popups.

CPU Pentium 4, 3.2 ghz
Hdd 300gb
2gb ram
WinXP Pro

I hope there will be a solution soon. Meanwhile I will go back to "NewsLeecher Beta v3.9 beta 5".

Xyg

Out of Memory

Post by Xyg »

Every 5 or so hours, I here a cacophony of beeps and find the "Out of memory" message replicating itself to infinity.

Last time Newsleecher was downloading an 800Mb file, and was only a quarter of the way through, so there was no visible R'n'E activity.

Other activity - playing music, surfing the internet.

System-
Athalonx2 2.8
2Gig RAM
WinXP Pro

Intriguing.... :?:

supercdfr

Post by supercdfr »

just before the out of memory, i have this message :

BugBug-123:
* "dsaekjdslkjg".
* "out of memory".

i have disable the r&n, will see if it is the problem soon.

Pavaronnie

Post by Pavaronnie »

Same problem over here. Got this error:

BugBug-123:
* "dsaekjdslkjg".
* "out of memory".

After that a lot of warning boxes and the screen freezes.
Switching to the former beta version.

supercdfr

Post by supercdfr »

it runs from now 4 hours, usage memory 4Mo. I have disable all the RnE options.

Kansalis

Post by Kansalis »

I have the same memory leak issue.

Running Vista Ultimate on a dual-proc, dual-core Xeon machine with 4Gb RAM.

Newsleecher just seems to continue to eat memory until the system falls over. The first time I noticed it happen was when my queue was paused, so nothing was even downloading. Last night I left my downloads running & this morning my system was hung with out of resource errors.
[/url]

Kansalis

Post by Kansalis »

In fact, I just started NL back up again and immediately hit the pause button so nothing was downloaded. It is still eating memory at approximately 250Kb per second according to task manager.