3.91 beta 2 issues

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Smudge
Site Admin

3.91 beta 2 issues

Post by Smudge » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:20 pm

Please post new issues with the 3.91 beta 2 release.

Please do not post the same bugs from the 3.91 beta 1 release
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

pka4916

Post by pka4916 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:40 am

sometimes when extracting in RnR and autopar, it's not deleting the extra PAR2 files from the queue.

also.. when you have files that are

name.avi.001
name.avi.002
etc

the par2 is failing telling me that the files are not there..
need to use quickpar to check and join them..

pavy

Post by pavy » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:23 pm

first post here, anyways using new beta but it has issues on my side.

When using the "When Empty - close newsleecher" my RnE is acting up. 3th time now that my client closed without repairing/extracting my downloads. When reopening it it continues repairing/extracting, just wondering why it wouldn't do this at first (and settings are correct for sure, never had an issue with it pre this beta).

Not sure how u can reproduce this problem, or that it's a config issue on my side (even though it's a new install of NL). Only thing I did was enable RnE (take from folder a, repair and move to folder b) and the check enabled for "When done, close NL".

Larc

Post by Larc » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:01 pm

pavy wrote:first post here, anyways using new beta but it has issues on my side.

When using the "When Empty - close newsleecher" my RnE is acting up. 3th time now that my client closed without repairing/extracting my downloads. When reopening it it continues repairing/extracting, just wondering why it wouldn't do this at first (and settings are correct for sure, never had an issue with it pre this beta).
I've experienced it in earlier versions. But since that really isn't a very important feature to me, I just stopped selecting it. Now, When Empty > Shut Down Computer is one I depend on since I like to begin large downloads just before going to bed. Thankfully, that one still works as it should. :D
Larc

pavy

Post by pavy » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:10 pm

Aye, I might be able to do a work around by adding an application to the commandline, so I guess it has no priority (yet).

Just an fyi, keep up the good work.

GL2814

Post by GL2814 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:51 pm

When you point the mouse at a header, it doesn't display the complete headername anymore in a seperate pop-up bar, like it used to.

ptr727

Post by ptr727 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:34 am

Running 3.91 Beta 2 on XP Pro.

If there are lots of entries in the RnE queue, no entry ever gets extracted.

The entries just go ready to verify, verifying, ready to extract, then the next entry goes verifying, and when the last one in the list is done verifying, it starts at the top again with verifying, repeat.

Even with a small number of entries, as long as a download is active, they never extract.

I have to wait until no downloads are active or complete, remove all entries from RnE queue, add only a few entries, I've tested with 5, then let them extract, then add a few more PAR2's, repeat.

System drive is C:.
I have NZB folder monitoring active in Z:\NZBs, where Z is a network mapped drive.
I set the download folder to E:\NewsLeecher where E is a second internal drive.
I set the extract folder to Z:\NewsLeecher.

Any ideas how to get this working or fixed and extraction automated?

P.

Eraserhead

Freezes

Post by Eraserhead » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:12 am

This is the first NL release in a very long time that freezes on me. Unfortunately I cannot provide more information, it just happens from time to time without any specific action on my side. No bug report is generated, I have to manually kill the task.
I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 SP1.

I know this is not helping but at least you know there's a serious new bug somewhere.

flurp4

Post by flurp4 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:20 pm

Same problem with freezing in NL 3.9 Beta 2. Downloaded a movie with RAR's in the ***.RAR.001, ***.RAR.002 format. RnE showed 'verify' after downloading the RAR's and freezed up. The processorload was 99% and I had to kill NL manually.
Reverted to 3.9 final and in that version there was no problem repairing and extracting this movie.

Regards,

Philip

Enzomatrx

Post by Enzomatrx » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:57 pm

#: Note that due to some internal changes in NewsLeecher, all

listview columns will have been reset in width and placement,

when you launch this beta. The reset will only happen on the

first launch.
I don't know if it's just me (wouldn't doubt it, I'm the 'unicode' user of the bunch) but the column headers reset EVERY time, and some of them don't even have proper titles. They are just "1" or "2".
Some are truncticated, etc.
I uninstalled and went back to 3.91b1 because that was fine with column headers.. but something definitely broke on my machine, prolly unicode related, regarding the column headers saving/loading/naming/placement

Shun

Post by Shun » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:37 am

Enzomatrx wrote:I don't know if it's just me (wouldn't doubt it, I'm the 'unicode' user of the bunch) but the column headers reset EVERY time, and some of them don't even have proper titles. They are just "1" or "2".
It's not just you. I have the same problem, and deleting the setup files does not fix the problem. (To be more specific, it fixes the problem the first time, but the next time I start Newsleecher the headers are messed up again.)

I've gone back to 3.9 Final, which works fine but is not as pretty as the newer betas.

BTW, the messed up headers (strange titles like 1 or 2) thing happens to me in both of the newer betas since 3.9 Final, and deleting the setup files only fixes things once because any changes I make are lost the next time I start Newsleecher.

I'm running Vista Ultimate SP1 with the language for non-Unicode programs set to Japanese under Regional and Language Options.

Enzomatrx

Post by Enzomatrx » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:00 pm

Shun wrote:
I'm running Vista Ultimate SP1 with the language for non-Unicode programs set to Japanese under Regional and Language Options.
That makes us have 1 thing in common on this. I'm running XP Pro but same setting there.

silver

Post by silver » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:46 pm

3.9 beta 2

REPAIR AND EXTRACT is NOT working!! Same problem on Beta 1. Does not extract, does not remove Par files from queue.

When are you going to fix this???

DariusIII

Post by DariusIII » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:57 pm

silver wrote:3.9 beta 2

REPAIR AND EXTRACT is NOT working!! Same problem on Beta 1. Does not extract, does not remove Par files from queue.

When are you going to fix this???
Strange, i have R'N'R turned on and guess what, it is WORKING.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:01 pm

Shun wrote:
Enzomatrx wrote:I don't know if it's just me (wouldn't doubt it, I'm the 'unicode' user of the bunch) but the column headers reset EVERY time, and some of them don't even have proper titles. They are just "1" or "2".
It's not just you. I have the same problem, and deleting the setup files does not fix the problem. (To be more specific, it fixes the problem the first time, but the next time I start Newsleecher the headers are messed up again.)

I've gone back to 3.9 Final, which works fine but is not as pretty as the newer betas.

BTW, the messed up headers (strange titles like 1 or 2) thing happens to me in both of the newer betas since 3.9 Final, and deleting the setup files only fixes things once because any changes I make are lost the next time I start Newsleecher.

I just tried installing the japanese language package under Vista, but it didn't help me to reproduce the problem with the resetting columns in NewsLeecher.

Does it solve the problem, if you change the Vista language from japanese to english?
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.