NewsLeecher 3.95 Bêta 3: I don't like it... oups, just some new things...

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Myg

NewsLeecher 3.95 Bêta 3: I don't like it... oups, just some new things...

Post by Myg » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:03 pm

Hi,

In this new version, i don't like the new implemented functionality of Leech specify... :(

I prefer the previous functionality, because the newest propose too long directory, never the last, in first choice, and not enough history... so i desactivated this.

I bought Newsleecher , i like it but, now, less than before...

too long, too many errors, too many changes without better changes.

But some new changes are great, of course.

neo_leecher

Post by neo_leecher » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:06 am

I can agree to that. I don't like the new leech specify either. I prefer the version 3.91 or sooner. So what is did is I went back to newsleecher version 3.91. This way i am not annoyed by the latest so called "impovements" which are not.

Andre

Post by Andre » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:00 pm

I agree 100% with these comments.

I do love the drop-down history for paths used in previous downloads - it was my suggestion several years ago in fact - although it does seem a bit odd having two separate lists; I'd prefer just one drop-down list showing me the last 10 locations (i.e. full paths) that I might wish to use again.

However I hate the auto-creation of a new subfolder based on each new filename! How do I turn this mode off please?

All I want most of the time is to just press Control-Y and hit Enter to have Newsleecher download into exactly the same directory that I used last time. If I want to get another directory from the history, I'd like to simply click on one item from one drop-down paths list and that's the precise folder that NL will download into. Anything else is both counter-intuitive and counter-productive IMHO.

Any chance of fixing this in a future beta release please? The sooner the better, ideally. Many thanks

Andre

Andre

Post by Andre » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:02 pm

Just bumping this. Does anyone know how to stop the latest beta Newsleecher from automatically inserting its own generated Destination Folder name for each new download when using the the Leech Specify (Control-Y) command?

Andre