NewsLeecher Version 4 Previews

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
n3wsl33ch3r

Post by n3wsl33ch3r »

When ticking the selection box in front of the download in the Supersearch window, I encountered a bug, and the par would nod be picked up by the par utility.

and when selecting the supersearch window from the explorer window, i get this:

Bug Data1:
BGEXP_1234

Bug Data2:
Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window

Then the close button is clicked and the program continues...

Guard_Dog

Post by Guard_Dog »

Ok,
Couldn't find the right area or a already started thread so i thought best to post here

So, my first and main problem is that v4 test seems to conflict with kaspersky 2009
I had to stop protection to allow it to download

Another problem, as a Giganews customer, the retention, as you well know, is being increased to a total of 365 Days - Supersearch still only has an apparant 200 day maximum
I think this needs upgrading guys

thanks

thenetripper

Open download Few problems

Post by thenetripper »

Well I been running the v4 since it was announced have had a few problems only 3 major annoying ones
1. When selecting Open a download it puts it at the end of the list and not at the start to open right away.
2 The ability to drag the queued transfers around to reorder them
3 The pause seems to be forever once selected for specific transfers. Been having to find it again and re queue so it will download.

Other then that sofar it looks like it will be a great build :idea:

avnyc11

par2

Post by avnyc11 »

dont know if this has been said, but if an article is incomplete, paused par2 files are not automatically unpaused. you have to manually unpause them, and not jsut enough to fix the incomplete articles, but you have to unpause and download all par2's before repair/extration takes places

maze

Post by maze »

Still freezes the network connection if viewing video, streaming music etc while downloading with NL.

PluG

Post by PluG »

we really need a new beta version guys.

as you said though there is lots of bugs, im trying to generate a log to send automaticly with the program, and even that doesnt work properly lol

dave_bass5

Post by dave_bass5 »

nonspin wrote:the average joe would expect some "major" improvements/changes
on a new "major" release ( v4 is a major if i'm not mistaken ).

So what justifies the "v4" title at all ?
To me, it's more a v3.96 - and that would be a complement.

nonspin
a paying customer
I must admit i dont know any "average joes" that use Usenet. In fact when i try and explain to them about it i just get blank looks.

This is a very. very early release, probably to keep us happy that something is being done and NL are bound to add more features before its released.

If they changed it too much then people will complain, if they dont change it much then people will complain. Releasing it like this gives us all a chance to comment on whats good and whats not and hopefully this will help them develop something even better.

At least, thats how i see it.

Rebraunstein

Re: par2

Post by Rebraunstein »

avnyc11 wrote:dont know if this has been said, but if an article is incomplete, paused par2 files are not automatically unpaused. you have to manually unpause them, and not jsut enough to fix the incomplete articles, but you have to unpause and download all par2's before repair/extration takes places
No you don't. Double click on the amount of pars you need. Then, instead of downloading all the rest of them, just uncheck the whole thing from the queue and it will start repairing.

jimmytboi

Post by jimmytboi »

Has anyone found that with version 4, i love the grouping of files and that, fantastic idea, but the supersearch on a 200 day retention search, if you search for "fringe 720p", if does not come up with all the files as i know there are more available than showing? is my syntax bad or is this a bug,

thanks,
Jamie

whizadree

Found a Bug! (List index out of bounds)

Post by whizadree »

List index out of bounds

Bug Data1:
jjj211++1

Bug Data2:
List index out of bounds (24)

--

had a number of items downloading via the auto import got thru most of them

but now everything has stopped functioning :( upon pressing connect...

whizadree

also like a few people here virus warning win/32 thermidia

Post by whizadree »

had to disable eset nod 32 to download and install

JMark

Import capability

Post by JMark »

I see the extension for the group cache is different. Is there any way to import pre-v4 group cache to v4?

jchojnacki

Post by jchojnacki »

Like the new grouping feature! Though it would be cool if you could find a way to include associated preview and screen cap images within the grouping.

Dislike:
1. On "Open", Ctrl + R, item goes to end of queue.
2. On "Leech Specify", Ctrl + Y, no longer has picklist of previous "Destination" folders nor Browse button.

Tig

Re: Open download Few problems

Post by Tig »

thenetripper wrote:Well I been running the v4 since it was announced
3 The pause seems to be forever once selected for specific transfers. Been having to find it again and re queue so it will download.

Other then that sofar it looks like it will be a great build :idea:
Don;t use the right mouse context menu to unpause, use the 'play' button at the top of the list to start them

ds21h

Some feedback on NL4

Post by ds21h »

Here is some feedback about V4.

I found some bugs that were already reported in this thread
- CTRL-R doesn't open immediately but is put at the end of the queue
- Auto unpause in R&E doesn't function
- Unpausing doesn't function from the right-mouse-button menu. Only double-clicking seems to do the job.
- All the par-files in the queue have to be retrieved to get the repair function going

The thing that bothers me most is that all the sequence numbers in subjects (eg 24/89) are removed. This is not only the case with postings that belong to a binary and that are grouped by NL, but also with other postings.[/list]