NewsLeecher Version 4 Previews

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
TimeLordCat

Post by TimeLordCat »

:( Ok three words for this preview "Does not work". The first and only article that I attempted to leech - NL4 would not bring in the parts correctly.
Two RAR articles would not come in even when I deleted the reference on disk. This is a clean install on a second system no 3.9 baggage. After several attempts of deleting a releeching I was finally able to bring in complete rar files. As I leech about 1.5 to 2 TB a month I don't have the time to play data fucha with newsleecher. It has now caught up with what other news readers have been doing for a long time now it needs to be able to bring in complete files all the time.

herschwolf

Post by herschwolf »

@TimeLordCat -- While 2TB a month is a doable number if you download 3GB an hour for 30 days straight without stopping. I'd be surprised that an ISP would allow you to download that much every month, and if they do please share so we can all get hooked up with unlimited downloads cause I'm unofficially capped at 60GB a month which is more than enough for me really.

As for the v4 preview I have to say I can't wait for the final release (which I'm sure is a ways off). The features to be implemented seem like a solid addition that I've been waiting for since getting hooked up with NL. I too would like to see the ability to post content, but then again it is called NewsLEECHER not NewsPost&Leecher. We can dream though can't we?

I haven't checked to see, but is there any way to implement a 7zip extraction into the Repair&Extract function as I'm starting to see a few more 7z archives than before?

Whiney_Lil_Biatches_Suck

Post by Whiney_Lil_Biatches_Suck »

Koogle wrote:Looking crap! the same nonsense
<<>>Whiney_Lil_Biatches_Suck snips the drivel<<>>
ain't upgrading license!
Is it safe to say that you won't be posting here anymore then? =D>
█████████████████████████████████████████

It's official: Supersearch is down until further notice. :-({|=

█████████████████████████████████████████

blindguy

Post by blindguy »

OK, here are some notes:

- I miss the Z button to be able to hide/show the speedmeter.
- I miss the "hide paused" in the queue tab
- the cleanup button on the queue tab should NOT remove paused only downloaded (or at least a option somewhere defineing what the button will clean) if I queue up a couple of thousand things i only want it to remove downloaded stuff not stuff paused
- on the articles tab I miss the check boxes for what I want to see and not see (complete, incomplete, old, downloaded)

some bugs:
- in the queue windows I have stuff flagged as paused and if I right click and tell it to resume, it does not resume.

I'll see what else I can find out. It's kinda hard to use 'cuz I get a app error every 7 seconds!

FYI - I just noticed that I joined this forum back in 2004!! It's been a quick 5 years but I still love this app!!

Tig

Post by Tig »

herschwolf wrote:@TimeLordCat -- While 2TB a month is a doable number if you download 3GB an hour for 30 days straight without stopping. I'd be surprised that an ISP would allow you to download that much every month, and if they do please share so we can all get hooked up with unlimited downloads cause I'm unofficially capped at 60GB a month which is more than enough for me really.
Virgin Media, 50Meg. There is traffic shaping after a certain amount of data at certain hours but that just means your throuput rate is lowered for four hours. Other than that, you can keep running at max all day and night.

Wonko

Post by Wonko »

herschwolf wrote:@TimeLordCat -- While 2TB a month is a doable number if you download 3GB an hour for 30 days straight without stopping. I'd be surprised that an ISP would allow you to download that much every month, and if they do please share so we can all get hooked up with unlimited downloads cause I'm unofficially capped at 60GB a month which is more than enough for me really.
I'm at 3TB every month since two years, no problem with the provider, 3GB leeched in under 15 minutes. :D

The preview is very great, i can't wait the final release, the grouping feature is awesome.

fanste

error while opening newsleecher

Post by fanste »

ill get the following error while trying opening newsleecher 4.0:

how can i solve this problem?

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

This is discussed in this thread. You will need to go back to the 3.9 Final or downgrad your Windows 7 to the previous version.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

fanste

Post by fanste »

tnx for the help

dave_bass5

Post by dave_bass5 »

Smudge wrote:This is discussed in this thread. You will need to go back to the 3.9 Final or downgrad your Windows 7 to the previous version.
Is this something that NL will address or is it down to MS to sort it out?

Im missing v4 already.

Dave.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

We will have to see how things end up. Both NewsLeecher 4 and Windows 7 are still in major development so things are bound to change.

This might just be a temporary problem with the 7077 release and will be fixed later. If MS has made a permanent change to the OS that breaks the protection system, we will have to wait for Oreans to release a fix so it can be added into NewsLeecher.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

dlr_graph

Post by dlr_graph »

As for the v4 preview I have to say I can't wait for the final release (which I'm sure is a ways off). The features to be implemented seem like a solid addition that I've been waiting for since getting hooked up with NL. I too would like to see the ability to post content, but then again it is called NewsLEECHER not NewsPost&Leecher. We can dream though can't we?

I haven't checked to see, but is there any way to implement a 7zip extraction into the Repair&Extract function as I'm starting to see a few more 7z archives than before?
A real ISP should allow you unlimited downloads. My monthly ranges between 100 to 500 Gb per month.

leifsjensen

Missing "article collections"

Post by leifsjensen »

I like the new Article collections and look forward to an official ver 4.0.

I have run into a few issues that I have not seen reported here.

As with "Open" article, "Leech first" do not put the article first.
--

The "Leech specify" dialog has changed. The suggested folder is the "last used folder" in stead of the folder, specified for each virtual group. The way v3.95 did it was very nice.
--

Article window:
Unfinished "Article collections", marked as read does not re-appear,
after update
Sample:
"Show old" unchecked.
1 select a busy group (for example alt.binaries.dvd) subscribe to that group.
2 update. (Some unfinished "Article collections" must be in the list )
3 mark all lines as read. ( no lines are now shown in the article window)
4 wait a few minutes.
5 hit the update button. (some lines will appear, but not the previously unfinished lines)
6 select another group and then alt.binaries.dvd again (or hit the "show old" button twice)
Now the missing "article collections" appears.
This applies only to "Article collections" currently being uploaded
--

In the super-search window, the refine or filter box does not work with "-"
Try search for "formel"
Now type -formel in the filter box. All lines should disappear
(if you type -ormel, it works)
--

Will "Article collections" that (because of more groups selected) appears
more than once, be removed?
--

What does the "CleanUp" button in the article window do? It would be
nice if it worked as a "Marke all lines as read" button
--

P.S.
I also miss the [xx/nn] sequence numbers
--
Last edited by leifsjensen on Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

pzam

negative index !!! jjj211++1 List index out of bounds (60)

Post by pzam »

I noticed this on version 4 first preview after pressing header update and it got interrupted by the router dropping off line. there seemed to be a negative index created. It seems that there should not ever be negative for index

Bug Data1:
jjj211++1

Bug Data2:
List index out of bounds (60)

I have astraweb setup for my downloads and just use giganews to get headers with the gn accelerator.

this error would keep looping........ over and over I had to press the X to close newsleecher.

I noticed if auto update was disabled the error did not occur on next program startup.

with the program running and in an off line mode I went and clicked update headers. this fixed the index again. :)

-----------------------
Well it seemed like it did it ran for a few hours downloading but as soon as I canceled an item from the download list it started repeating again. :(
Bug Data1:
jjj211++1

Bug Data2:
List index out of bounds (60)

I hope this helps you find this problem

blenky

Post by blenky »

Tig wrote:
Virgin Media, 50Meg. There is traffic shaping after a certain amount of data at certain hours but that just means your throuput rate is lowered for four hours. Other than that, you can keep running at max all day and night.
There is currently NO traffic shaping on Virgin Media 50 meg service. I know as I have it.

That's not to say they won't introduce it at some point though!