4.0 beta 1 issues here

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Smudge
Site Admin

4.0 beta 1 issues here

Post by Smudge » Mon May 11, 2009 10:27 pm

Please post all issues with 4.0 beta 1 in this thread.

Issues collected from other threads are
  • virus warning of win32/packed.themida with McAfee - Our software doesn't contain a virus. That is a false positive by your antivirus software. You can help us by reporting this false positive to your antivirus provider.

EDIT: ESET/NOD32 no longer has this issue with definition file 4076.
  • MSVCR71.DLL is missing with Windows 7. You can download this DLL from dll-files.com then install it into the same directory as the newsleecher.exe

This file is required to connect to certain SSL-enabled providers. If you can't get SSL connections to work, download this file.
  • Interface colors/fonts - right now they are set back to defaults. This will be fixed in a future version.
  • auto pause the par2 block files when importing an NZB isn't working.
  • auto pause based on the Pause Filter : Article Subject entries isn't working.
  • destination download location of all files in the queue are corrupted after quit/restart of NewsLeecher.
  • quick search filtering doesn't work.
  • Binaries/Text/Incomplete/Leeched show/hide filters in the Articles page are missing. These might not be possible with the new collection view system.
  • Speed scheduler view is missing the times and the percentage setting.
    http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... eduler.jpg
  • "Selected>Update # headers" option downloads all headers of the group
  • "When Empty/Shutdown Computer" just quits NL but doesn't shutdown PC
  • Cached headers are not deleted after the expiration days. Could be related to the purge header function (shift-delete) which isn't implemented yet.
Last edited by Smudge on Sun May 17, 2009 11:17 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Ljugtomten

Post by Ljugtomten » Tue May 12, 2009 12:33 am

No option to manually choose temp-dir

Old articles in groups are purged when refreshing headers, no matter how many days you want to save them.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Tue May 12, 2009 2:38 am

Ljugtomten wrote:No option to manually choose temp-dir
You can change the location of the data and temp directories using these instructions.
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Shun

Post by Shun » Tue May 12, 2009 3:11 am

I seem to have run across a problem that has resurfaced from several versions back: settings are not saved correctly when the system locale is set to Japan.

I am running the US English version of Windows 7, build 7100, but I have the system locale (in Region and Language settings) set to Japan. I can make changes to the settings in the new NL 4 beta, but when I shut down and restart the program, most of them are lost.

If I change the system locale to English US the settings are saved correctly.

I really hope this can be fixed soon, because this new beta really looks great (what I've been able to see this far)!

heyman

Post by heyman » Tue May 12, 2009 3:39 am

- Cannot hide non-binary posts

pka4916

Post by pka4916 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:27 am

switching Tabs in NL takes forever now.
about 20 seconds.

start of NL takes about 10 seconds.

using Vista 32bits 2Gb ram

pka4916

Post by pka4916 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:34 am

files added to the queue as paused. unable to unpause

Bug Data1:
BGEXP_1234

Bug Data2:
Access violation at address 00508657 in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address FC4D8B1D

too many problems... going back to the previous Beta..

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Tue May 12, 2009 6:24 am

Major bug. The download folder for the files become invalid after quitting and reloading NewsLeecher.

NZB imported and showing proper directory

After quitting NL and restarting, the Download directories show ??????

All downloads after this go to the default download directory.

Can anyone confirm this happens to their queue after quitting/restarting?

guidorobben

Post by guidorobben » Tue May 12, 2009 6:33 am

I can't start NL after install. It looks like the installer is corrupted or something. Newsleecher.exe doens't show it normal icon, instead it shows a windows icon. I tried downloading today, same result.

I tried multiple downloads & install. All the same. The preview of 4 works fine.

Windows 7 RC1

Beileroord

Nl 4 beta 1 and vista X64

Post by Beileroord » Tue May 12, 2009 6:52 am

I just wanted to say i needed to download msvcr71.dll to get it running on my vista X64, placed the dll in the newsleecher folder and no more error screaming about this dll :)

Btw got the dll here : http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-f ... ml?msvcr71

weetibix

Post by weetibix » Tue May 12, 2009 7:15 am

guidorobben wrote:I can't start NL after install. It looks like the installer is corrupted or something. Newsleecher.exe doens't show it normal icon, instead it shows a windows icon. I tried downloading today, same result.

I tried multiple downloads & install. All the same. The preview of 4 works fine.

Windows 7 RC1
Do you have Nod32 antivirus installed?
This thinks NL is a virus and will stop the download right near the end
making the file corrupt.
It may also happen with other antivirus programs.
Try temporarily disabling it and then download NL

potestus

Post by potestus » Tue May 12, 2009 7:21 am

Smudge wrote:Major bug. The download folder for the files become invalid after quitting and reloading NewsLeecher.

NZB imported and showing proper directory

After quitting NL and restarting, the Download directories show ??????

All downloads after this go to the default download directory.

Can anyone confirm this happens to their queue after quitting/restarting?

I have been getting this too - very annoying - though I didn't know what caused it.

07:53:02 * Extracting and saving attachment "CAPRICA.2009.NTSC.DVDR-RFD.part002.rar". (??????????????\)
07:53:02 * Could not save article to specified folder. Using default download folder instead.

after restarting with items stored - FIX this first please... (dont unfix other stuff tho)
Last edited by potestus on Fri May 15, 2009 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

delta7

Unable to resume items previously paused in the Queue

Post by delta7 » Tue May 12, 2009 7:50 am

After previously adding items to download in the queue and having Paused them, attempting to Resume by selecting multiple entries, right clicking and selecting Resume from the pop-up menu caused the violation:

Bug Data1:
BGEXP_1234

Bug Data2:
Access violation at address 00508657 in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address FC4D8B1D

Attempting to use the Resume icon also failed.

Eventually, I found that if I expand the collections, select all the individual parts and then use the Resume icon, I could get the downloads to resume.

For info I'm using win xp SP3 with (32 bit).

Cheers

azz0r

Post by azz0r » Tue May 12, 2009 9:01 am

Doesnt launch at all on 7 RC. Even with compatibility mode.

LinuZZ

Post by LinuZZ » Tue May 12, 2009 9:06 am

the % field of the setup: speed scheduler does not exist anymore. the speed is automaticaly set to 75% (also the last one used on de 4.0 ufr 1)