NewsLeecher V4.0 Beta 3 Issues

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
p0W3Rh0u5e

Post by p0W3Rh0u5e »

RedmondGuy wrote:Can anyone shed light on why the program (as of beta 2) requires you to enter your max Internet connection speed? I appreciated the old behavior where it scaled the graph accordingly, unless you CHOSE to set your connection speed.

Does anyone have any idea what value this new behavior provides?
I've no idea... but i've a bug with that. I have to specifiy the speed everytime i start NL, it seems that the setting is'nt saved.

I would prefer the old behavior too.

Another bug: Exporting zipped NZBs from queue does'nt work. The NZB gets exportet (not zipped) but after that NL instantly quits. It works with zipping disabled...

herschwolf

Post by herschwolf »

I'm finding that the "Change DL Folder" option does not work. It recognizes what folder I changed it to when I click to change the folder a second time, but it still downloads to the original folder when the article was added to the Queue.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

p0W3Rh0u5e

Post by p0W3Rh0u5e »

herschwolf wrote:I'm finding that the "Change DL Folder" option does not work. It recognizes what folder I changed it to when I click to change the folder a second time, but it still downloads to the original folder when the article was added to the Queue.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior?
Confirmed... Changing the DL-Folder works only if you open a thread and set it for the files. If you set it for a thread, the files are not updated.

In contrast, when you dl something via specify or smart, only the files show the right target-folder, but not the thread...

RedmondGuy

Post by RedmondGuy »

Enabling Leech Tweaks' "Automatically Download RAR Archive Set Files in Correct Order" moves *.rar above *.nfo. Expected behavior would be that it moves *.rar above *.r00 but below *.nfo.

cyberde

Post by cyberde »

Importing an NZB with "import to NZB folder" enabled result in the previously mentioned D:\Newsleecher\Download\alt.binaries.multimedia\alt.binaries.multimedia\alt.binaries.multimedia\alt.binaries.multimedia
\alt.binaries.multimedia\alt.binaries.multimedia\alt.binaries.multimedia\alt.binaries.multimedia
folder. After deleting the imported NZB and reimporting it an "Application bug has occurred" pops up with no info because Newsleecher just hangs.

This occurs with importing by double clicking the nzb file as well as using the import function on the queue page. Disabling "Download .NZB to subfolder" resolves this issue but this shouldn't have to be this way :P

The bug

Result importing

[update]
Changing the download folder using the right-click-menu results in a crash... The new queue list doesn't function as well as I'd imagined :(

pzam

m2m2ms 006FB840 00000004 nl4b3 nzb error on "open with newleecher"

Post by pzam »

Bug Data1:
m2m2ms < "xxxxxxbinder S2.par2" ~xxxxxbinder Season 2~ [FTD#943942]>

Bug Data2:
Access violation at address 006FB840 in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address 00000004

---------------------------------------------------
I get this error if I get the above nzb from binsearch save it to downloads then open it with newsleecher.

If the error does not happen then also get the same nzb from bintube.

the one from binsearch shows at it has errors.

--------------------------------------

the strange thing is it will show as errors some times on importing it then not on others.

Also newsleecher is set to giganews for headers and astraweb for binaries till you fix header support.
Last edited by pzam on Thu May 21, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bags

Post by Bags »

I queued up and loaded a 2xCD Movie set in RNE with a different destination to the default.
When first set (CD1) had finished .. something caused further parts from CD2 to change to be downloaded to the "default download folder" and RNE then reported par and RAR set missing!
Had to reload the par2 in RNE and reselect the new destination folder again.

Figure that one out! ! :shock:

Bags

Post by Bags »

Just tested this further ... The download queue changes back to default download folder ... and makes the RNE par2 void. Have to reselect destination for queued files and reload par2.

thenormal

Post by thenormal »

same here
cyberde wrote:Importing an NZB with "import to NZB folder" enabled result in the previously mentioned D:\Newsleecher\Download\alt.binaries.multimedia\alt.binaries.multimedia\alt.binaries.multimedia\alt.binaries.multimedia
\alt.binaries.multimedia\alt.binaries.multimedia\alt.binaries.multimedia\alt.binaries.multimedia
folder. After deleting the imported NZB and reimporting it an "Application bug has occurred" pops up with no info because Newsleecher just hangs.

This occurs with importing by double clicking the nzb file as well as using the import function on the queue page. Disabling "Download .NZB to subfolder" resolves this issue but this shouldn't have to be this way :P

The bug

Result importing

[update]
Changing the download folder using the right-click-menu results in a crash... The new queue list doesn't function as well as I'd imagined :(

pzam

restarting extract after drive full

Post by pzam »

I had my drive fill and cleared off 30 gig repair and extract sat there so i unchecked and rechecked the boxes but nothing happened.

I restarted the program then it started to work.

TimeLordCat

jpg files not being decoded

Post by TimeLordCat »

Here is a sample I did a Ctl R to extract the information usually it should display the image following is the data in the file I have not posted the whole file:
This is a MIME message

--=_Turnpike_C2pZQyw7h9DKly69=
Content-Type: text/plain;charset=us-ascii;format=flowed

--=_Turnpike_C2pZQyw7h9DKly69=
Content-Type: image/jpeg
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=gend_124.jpg
Content-Description: gend_124.jpg
Content-MD5: 4+Qu2rsAGhjQxjbQ6k5zrw==

/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQEASABIAAD/2wBDAAUDBAQEAwUEBAQFBQUGBwwIBwcHBw8LCwkMEQ8SEhEP
ERETFhwXExQaFRERGCEYGh0dHx8fExciJCIeJBweHx7/2wBDAQUFBQcGBw4ICA4eFBEUHh4eHh4e

unfrostedpoptart

Post by unfrostedpoptart »

I don't think this is a new bug, but I haven't seen an answer to it:

When multiple archives are selected for download/extraction, none of them will be extracted until all of them are downloaded and verified. This doesn't make any sense - archives can sit for hours to be extracted even though they are ready. I'll often have to remove an archive from the repair/extract queue and manually extract it if I don't want to wait forever.

Will this be fixed soon?

Thanks!

cyberde

Post by cyberde »

When connecting to a server for downloading the folowing error pops up:

Code: Select all

Bug Data1:
wqewq::  0  ::  0  ::  130

Bug Data2:
Argument out of range
After the first time, it keeps popping up every second whilst connected to a server.

Importing an NZB file:

Code: Select all

Bug Data1:
Access violation at address 00406282 in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFF8

Bug Data2:
8k4d

Wonko

Post by Wonko »

Cool release, works relative stable, a few error pop up some time. Miss the header deletion function in the groups...

Antioch

This beta still freezes!

Post by Antioch »

I've posted this bug many times before but it has *still* not caught the attention of Spril. So here goes my next shot:

When right-clicking a connection "bot" for a server and selecting "Pause Connection" while the connection is active, NewsLeecher freezes up. This has happened on beta 1, 2, and 3 - but not the forum pre-release.

If, however, you first pause all active connection "bots" by pressing the pause button in the tool bar, and then select an individual bot connection and right-click "pause connection" then deselect the tool-bar pause button NewsLeecher does not freeze.

Please fix this bug! I pause individual connection bots on a daily basis and this is killing me.