NewsLeecher V4.0 Beta 3 Issues

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

cyberde wrote:
Spiril wrote:
blenky wrote: Getting this now!!! A real pain. Also the whole prog sometimes just crashes back to the desktop.

Hope there is a new Beta soon, this one is almost unusable!!
I've tried to trigger this bug with several different NZBs, but haven't succeeded yet.

Does the bug happen consistently with some specific NZBs?

Does it help if you turn on / off various download options in the setup dialog?
Yes it happens with all the NZB files from binsearch, here are the settings I've used for testing:...
Hmm, still can't reproduce the bug here, after having tried those dl settings together with NZBs from binsearch.

I'll give it a try on another computer later today.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

Antioch

Re: This beta still freezes!

Post by Antioch »

Spiril wrote:
Antioch wrote:When right-clicking a connection "bot" for a server and selecting "Pause Connection" while the connection is active, NewsLeecher freezes up. This has happened on beta 1, 2, and 3 - but not the forum pre-release.
I can't trigger the bug here.

Do you have several servers enabled? If so, try disabling some of them and see if that helps?

Does NL also freeze if you only have a single 'bot' enabled when you pause it?
Spiril - I only have one server enabled. I tried pausing a bot with differing numbers of active bots. With 1, 2 or 3 active bots, pausing a single bot worked fine. However, with 4 active bots, pausing a bot caused the freeze. Pausing a bot with 5 active bots seemed to work okay.

There was another fellow who said he was experiencing this bug as well, so it's not just me.

enderw

Post by enderw »

I am not sure if this is a bug or not but in the queue tab, when i hit clean up it deletes all paused items, including par2 files of sets that have not been downloaded yet. It would be nice to have it only delete the par2 and other files of sets that are complete.

pka4916

Post by pka4916 »

don't have the Beta installed, but almost looks like that your Directory is way too long?

I know i have that problem in Delphi when i do something like that.

I see your multimedia..... several times in 1 line for D:\
you might go over the limit.

Hope it helps any.

Wonko

Post by Wonko »

Speedlimit doesn't work. :x

MacG

Post by MacG »

Last edited by MacG on Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ken Schram

Change DL Folder broken

Post by Ken Schram »

herschwolf wrote:I'm finding that the "Change DL Folder" option does not work. It recognizes what folder I changed it to when I click to change the folder a second time, but it still downloads to the original folder when the article was added to the Queue.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

Tre confirmed!

Version: 4.0 B3
Operating System w/ Service Pack Version: Vista Home Premium SP1
Installation Method: Upgrade
Type of Installation: Registered
Number of Servers: 1
List your provider(s)? Giganews
List of antivirus/firewall software installed: Trend Micro Internet Security Pro 2009
Connections per server: 10
Server priority: normal

Bug Description:
The function 'Change DL Folder' is broken. My process is to select the thread in Articles view and press CTRP+P to place it as paused into the Queue. I have encountered this error every single time I try to change the DL folder. I either select the thread (in the queue) and change the DL folder or expand the thread, select all the parts, and then change the DL folder. The result is the same... the DL folder column in the queue indicates it is going to go where I specified, but the reality is that the download goes into the group folder instead.

Ken Schram

Pause/Resume in Queue broken

Post by Ken Schram »

List of antivirus/firewall software installed: Trend Micro Internet Security Pro 2009

Bug Description:

As I peruse my groups, I often select threads for download and place them into the queue as paused. I do this because I often like to change the dowload drive and folder. For example, if I have 5 movies in the queue, 2 of which were paused the previous day, and I select all using CTRL+A and press the Resume icon ">" only the two movies queued from the previous day will resume. I have not yet verified the "previous day" effect, but certainly all of my paused threads do not resume... only a select few. Additionally, individually selecting the problem "stuck" threads and pressing the resume button does not work. I literally have to expand the thread and select all the individual articles before they will resume.

Ken Schram

Pausing NewsLeecher Temporarilly - warning does not go away

Post by Ken Schram »

Bug Description:
"Pausing NewsLeecher Temporarily:
Waiting for download queue catch-up, as articles are being downloaded faster than they can be written to disk."

I have a fairly zippy internet connection dumping to a simple USB2 external drive and so I can understand the warning. Unfortunately, once it pops up, it never goes away. Minimize/maximize the program does not help. The only way to get rid of it is to close NL. Actually, there is a way to get rid of it and that is to wait for the downloads to complete and then select any group in the articles view. Other than that, it's a bugger to swat away.

babonji

Post by babonji »

the bug apper the Nl turned off

open the nzb file from any site

then the bug apper

=========================

what about ( when empty shutdown the computer

still doesn't working beta1 beta2 and beta3

TimeLordCat

Auto update group headers feature needs attention

Post by TimeLordCat »

I am subscribed to 58 newsgroups and they are allocated to 11 virtual groups whenever I change virtual groups I usually get an out of memory error which has been reported directly. The problem is this ... I set the Auto Update Group Headers Every 2 Hours and Newsleecher updates a single group not virtual group. So in 24 hours only 12 groups have been updated. I have the option Simultaneous updates set to 10.
Now when I select a virtual group and click the Update button the headers start getting read in then after some time less than 60 minutes the fetching completely stops. This behaviour has also been observed with v3.95b3. The function needs some attention from development team.

blenky

Post by blenky »

Spiril wrote:
blenky wrote:
cyberde wrote:Importing an NZB with "import to NZB folder" enabled result in the previously mentioned D:\Newsleecher\Download\alt.binaries.multimedia\alt.binaries.multimedia\alt.binaries.multimedia\alt.binaries.multimedia
\alt.binaries.multimedia\alt.binaries.multimedia\alt.binaries.multimedia\alt.binaries.multimedia
folder. After deleting the imported NZB and reimporting it an "Application bug has occurred" pops up with no info because Newsleecher just hangs.
Getting this now!!! A real pain. Also the whole prog sometimes just crashes back to the desktop.

Hope there is a new Beta soon, this one is almost unusable!!
I've tried to trigger this bug with several different NZBs, but haven't succeeded yet.

Does the bug happen consistently with some specific NZBs?

Does it help if you turn on / off various download options in the setup dialog?
I downloaded the pre release beta 4 and the first time tried to use it got this recursive error.

Did some testing and the bug only occurs when the option 'Download .NZB to subfolder' is selected.
Last edited by blenky on Sun May 24, 2009 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

TimeLordCat

Starts Downloading incomplete files

Post by TimeLordCat »

Heres one for you don't know how it happens but if I terminate NL and restart it after I clean up the damaged files it downloads the files ok.
I have to delete the QUEUE and the RNE queue then re-queue the articles.
They come in clean no repair required. I have seen this on v3.95 three or four times maybe more haven't really paid attention to that problem.
So it is still out there if you reused some code it is still broken or if you have a memory leak it is still leaking.

f0rbez

Post by f0rbez »

I don't know if its been posted yet. But when changing the length of the speed monitor, NewsLeecher displays the incorrect length of time.

For instance, 4 minutes and 6 seconds is shown as 4:60 minutes. It only does this on single digit seconds from 1-9. 4 minutes and 10 seconds (and higher) is shown correctly as 4:10.

P_iotr

Post by P_iotr »

I have a strange error also, if I pause NL and fill the qeue and set a time to start, nothing happens, the only option wich is left is to close NL and start the qeue by hand, I deleted the new beta version and installed 3.9 again, and I will wait for the next Beta version of NL.
I am running Vista sp1.