NewsLeecher V4.0 Beta 4

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Smudge
Site Admin

Re: Bad bug persists

Post by Smudge »

alexps wrote:Hi. I posted on the 3 beta about this & am sorry to say it persists into beta 4. Three other people also reported the same bug in the beta 3 forum.

Queueing a downloading an automatically combined file of an .nfo & a .sfv file from Supersearch results in the creation of a 4,294,967,295 Kb file in the transfer queue and a bug report of:

Bug Data1:

Bug Data2:
nlpArtcilesIdxToDisk li.count = 0...

Its not mentioned in the bugfixes either so I presumed no-one read the forum comments or it wasn't reproducible.

To reproduce this, as an example, type in 'Regina Spektor Far' into Supersearch then attempt to download the 1Kb combined file ending in '(nfo, sfv)
I didn't get the bug dialog but I was able to reproduce it displaying the wrong size after removing one of the 2 entries.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Koogle

Post by Koogle »

sort any one of these issues out yet? NO! well I'm not upgrading

viewtopic.php?t=17594
viewtopic.php?t=10828
viewtopic.php?t=17733
viewtopic.php?t=18013

Notspace

Binary vs Text filter

Post by Notspace »

Will the binary vs text filter option be returning?

Haven't noted any bugs yet on this end. VAST improvement over B3. Still would really like to see better catalogue parsing - I imagine this portion is a coding nightmare, so many possible variations.

Im curious about where the advanced nerdy settings dialogue is going to lead. Would be fun to see many other tags in that list.

highwaykind

Post by highwaykind »

Seems like this one is a bit less stable than version 3.

Every time I start 4.04 it has erased the user name for one of my newsservers (meaning I have to disconnect, enter it, and connect again)

It doesn't remember the "auto update on activate" checkmark for groups either.

Sebastiii

Long Start

Post by Sebastiii »

Hello,

Always long start !!
The application freeze for 1 or 2 minutes and after it's start.
Thx.
Sebastiii, i love software with minor bug lol :)

highwaykind

Post by highwaykind »

Awesome... now AVG caught up and detected a Trojan in Newsleecher.exe. And Windows is telling me I no longer have access to the file.. reverting back to beta 3.

ralph.dudink

Post by ralph.dudink »

highwaykind wrote:Awesome... now AVG caught up and detected a Trojan in Newsleecher.exe. And Windows is telling me I no longer have access to the file.. reverting back to beta 3.
Same here...however, you can add the newsleecher folder path to exceptions after which your access is restored...

For some funny reason the new install erased my user name from server settings (ease to fix though) ? 8)

ralph.dudink

Re: Long Start

Post by ralph.dudink »

Sebastiii wrote:Hello,

Always long start !!
The application freeze for 1 or 2 minutes and after it's start.
Thx.
Just like beta 3 :roll:

quickly

Re: NewsLeecher V4.0 Beta 4

Post by quickly »

Spiril wrote:If you got any questions / comments regarding NewsLeecher V4.0 Beta 4, please post them here.

Current known issues are
• "When empty shutdown computer" not working
dont you check your release before publishing?
this is a very simply thing to test, and a very important feature for me.

the beta4 release with more bugs than improvements sucks.

lyserman

Post by lyserman »

Newsleecher will not remember the settings for my news server. I have to manually type in the password and when I click apply it all seems to work but when the program is shutdown and re-started it will not connect until the password is re-entered.

p0W3Rh0u5e

Post by p0W3Rh0u5e »

It looks like this version has problems with saving its settings, when you start it with settings in the old format....

For me, they get loaded and i can change them, but they don't get saved when i quit NL. I tried one thing, after loading NL, i deleted my setup.dat while NL is running. After that i made my changes in the config and closed NL. Now the settings got saved.... Unfortunenately NL does'nt save anything into this file, some stuff still does'nt get update (SS-History for example).

Well, i just downgraded again. ;)

BTW, i think the reworked options-dialogue, especially the nerdy-pane, is a big step backward.

fatman

Post by fatman »

Removed two of my subscribed groups (bottom two before virtual) and had to re add to my list.

Although the cache was still there as they just updated that days headers.

TvK

Post by TvK »

My groups won't update anymore...... :cry:

Optikn3rv

Post by Optikn3rv »

sorry posted this under beta 2 ;(
Beta 4
I just bought a years membership for AVG and have uploaded the exe file to have them see its a false detection. Hope it helps.

Also noticed I was having the program not responding for ages when I started but this as now been solved by removing sunbelt software program called counterspy, an anti spy ware program.

p0W3Rh0u5e

Post by p0W3Rh0u5e »

One more thing, please give us a switch to turn those tooltips off, they're quite annoying, especially when they're causing dropdown-lists to be closed shortly after you've opened them (which happened to me quite often).